Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jake McGee Called Up to Tampa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
andyduke86 said:
Nice! Should have been up last week though

As I suspected, the Bulls needed him for the playoffs. Interesting that he's leaving just as the Governor's Cup begins, though. I have a feeling Columbus will beat them either way.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
They wouldn't leave a player down just for the AAA playoffs so that is not a real reason. He hasn't worked on back to back days yet so I bet they were still getting him used to warming up on short notice and acclimating to the relief role. Hopefully he gets to blow away a few of the Yankee's lefties on national tv tomorrow or Wednesday.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
He'll have a huge impact. Randy Choate has been running on empty. He already leads all of baseball in games pitched and it seems like he's up every night. McGee will give the Rays at least another option for lefties out of the pen. McGee could play his way on to the post season roster, they found a loophole to allow David Price on in '08. Also, I wonder if this has anything to do with Rafael Soriano sitting at 88 yesterday for his two batter blown save. Soriano has gotten an awful lot of work, he may be wearing down as well. This is a great move that couldn't have come at a better time.

WaxPax

If the Rays are still down come the late innings, he might make it in the game tonight....

TMP931.jpg
TMP932.jpg

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
WaxPax said:
If the Rays are still down come the late innings, he might make it in the game tonight....

TMP931.jpg
TMP932.jpg

Were you the one who had that card when McGee wanted to trade a glove or something for it a few years ago (IIRC)?

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
You can tell from his lowered velocity and deliberate delivery (more so than usual) that he's trying too hard to locate. He just needs to trust his stuff and let it go. I also find it interesting that he's working from the 3rd base side of the rubber. Never noticed that before.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Well Hellickson just made sure that wouldn't happen. McGee looked like he was beyond nervous. His delivery looked so robotic like he was forcing himself to pitch a certain way instead of letting go. I don't think he gave Joe Maddon very much confidence in going to him though, so it might be awhile before he gets another chance.

Latest posts