Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

is this going to be the normal response from now on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
it really depends on what the issue is

If something is off topic, it is moved to the proper forum. If something is inappropriate it is deleted.

Yes, it is normal for moderators to moderate. This is true on any online community you visit.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
A lot of times threads are moved and a shadow-thread is not left to direct you to the appropriate place. Stay on topic and don't cause trouble and this shouldn't bother you one bit.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
I dunno, and I don't really care.

Quite frankly, when topics are locked there is generally a reason for it. I try to be pretty transparent with this, and I always leave my signature when I do something.

minors4me

Apr 16, 2010
cgilmo said:
I'd still like to know the OP's refrence.

There has been nothing deleted in the past few days.
the threads i was referring to are not from the past few days, i was going back to look at some discusions that took place and they could not be found anywhere. i was not aware that mods could/would make threads disappear even if there was inappropriate language/content. my impression was if something was posted that shouldn't have been posted it would be edited or deleted but not the entire thread. i understand locking a thread if it gets out of control, but at least wih a locked thread you can still read it. i sincerely ask the mods to reframe from using their "power" to completely delete threads, once you start where does it stop.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
minors4me said:
cgilmo said:
I'd still like to know the OP's refrence.

There has been nothing deleted in the past few days.
the threads i was referring to are not from the past few days, i was going back to look at some discusions that took place and they could not be found anywhere. i was not aware that mods could/would make threads disappear even if there was inappropriate language/content. my impression was if something was posted that shouldn't have been posted it would be edited or deleted but not the entire thread. i understand locking a thread if it gets out of control, but at least wih a locked thread you can still read it. i sincerely ask the mods to reframe from using their "power" to completely delete threads, once you start where does it stop.

mods gonna moderate

it's that way on every board. Deletions happen, and a lot of times it is me doing it. Somethings need to go away because they don't exactly promote a good community or serve any real purpose other than hate.

VERY FEW threads get deleted, or in this case moved to the admin forum because nothing gets perm deleted, but it does happen. If that isn't to your liking then I am very sorry. However I cannot help you here, because sometimes its essential.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
It is just amazing to me that people still think they can be a guest on a message board that somebody else owns and runs and think that they can dictate what gets locked and deleted and in what manner.

minors4me

Apr 16, 2010
All In Cards said:
how far back was the thread?

Once in a while to speed up the boards Chris and John delete old threads.
i don't recall how long back the threads were from, several weaks at least. i promise you the threads were not deleted to speed up the boards, there was some bashing and sorts going on as well as some good info. it really doesn't matter anymore their gone and i don't need the info anymore, i just hope this doesn't become the norm.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
minors4me said:
All In Cards said:

i don't recall how long back the threads were from, several weaks at least. i promise you the threads were not deleted to speed up the boards, there was some bashing and sorts going on as well as some good info. it really doesn't matter anymore their gone and i don't need the info anymore, i just hope this doesn't become the norm.

You are talking about the blow out razor rookie retro thread right?

That one was 95% discord and 5% info. It had to go, it is the norm for threads like that to be moved out of the public view. Sorry

minors4me

Apr 16, 2010
cgilmo said:
minors4me said:
All In Cards said:

You are talking about the blow out razor rookie retro thread right?

That one was 95% discord and 5% info. It had to go, it is the norm for threads like that to be moved out of the public view. Sorry
well that was one of them i wanted to look at, but that was more for entertainment purposes. the other thread had more useful info in it. the info is no longer needed as the card is no longer available. sorry if i'm coming across as a ******* i just don't what to see this site turn into a place were someone says somthing they shouldn't have and all of a suden good information is lost forever. it's time for me to go to work so i'm done.

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland
Under New Topic Post Reply button there is a button called bookmark topic. If you find a topic that interests you and need quick reference I'd start there.

Boxbreakers video was hilarious yet disturbing!!!

Members online

Latest posts