Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 20 HR Club- Jays 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Edwin Encarnacion just hit his 4th HR in the past 3 games to give him 20. That makes 7 Jays with 20 HR this year (Bautista, Wells, Overbay, Hill, Lind, Buck, Encarnacion). The 2010 Jays are just the 7th team all-time to accomplish this feat (but second in team history, 2000).

What's crazy is that Alex Gonzalez was traded in July with 17. He'd have been #8 for sure. And had Travis Snider not been injured for two months, he would almost certainly be at or above 20. Crazy that they would have had an entire starting line-up with 20 HR hitters.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Pretty awesome power numbers from this team, if they only had better pitching they could be a serious contender in the AL East

Actually, the pitching has been fantastic (starters, at least). Romero, Marcum, Cecil, and Morrow have been stunningly good. The problem has been that the only offense they have is the HR. They're about to set the all-time record for % of total hits being HR. Nobody gets on base so they live and die by the longball.

elemin8

Aug 7, 2008
braden said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Pretty awesome power numbers from this team, if they only had better pitching they could be a serious contender in the AL East

Actually, the pitching has been fantastic (starters, at least). Romero, Marcum, Cecil, and Morrow have been stunningly good. The problem has been that the only offense they have is the HR. They're about to set the all-time record for % of total hits being HR. Nobody gets on base so they live and die by the longball.

Agreed. The bullpen was ok the year before so maybe they will bounce back next year. We need a lead-off hitter (Carl Crawford ;) I wish. Snider at leadoff makes me cringe though he been on a little bit of a hot streak.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
elemin8 said:
braden said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:

Agreed. The bullpen was ok the year before so maybe they will bounce back next year. We need a lead-off hitter (Carl Crawford ;) I wish. Snider at leadoff makes me cringe though he been on a little bit of a hot streak.

Yeah I saw a clip of Snider mashing a homer the other day and they said he had been moved to leadoff and I couldn't believe it.

Members online

Latest posts