Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

done collecting for good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndyLaroche#1Fan

May 6, 2009
As I have not gone to a show or gotten autographs or bought cards or traded in a year, im deciding that im done collecting. I most likely wont be getting the red refractor auto tonight because its just a waste of money.

mardigras09038.jpg

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Are you done because you don't want to collect anymore or because Laroche has been so terrible?

He has been hurt and most likely will be with another team and another shot next year.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Yeah the OP had at one time offered up to 1K for the Laroche Red auto but I think sanity quickly got the best of him.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
notjomommasclint said:
morgoth said:
I am really hoping his dad and some brothers got into a bidding war on this one as I can't believe it sold for that

http://cgi.ebay.com/05-Bowman-Chrom...0526425479?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2eb04e6d87

i sold my x fractor raw for slightly less than that right before his initial callup!

Yeah back when he had some reasonable chances of succeeding. He is now a bench player on the worst team in MLB. I hope he solves his back issues and cares enough to try with another team.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
2005 Bowman XFractor Andy Laroche ws the first card I ever bought on EBay. The start of my addiction to bidding.

Just try something different in collecting, maybe HOF rookies or another player. If you enjoyed it once you can still enjoy it.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
2005 Bowman XFractor Andy Laroche ws the first card I ever bought on EBay. The start of my addiction to bidding.

Just try something different in collecting, maybe HOF rookies or another player. If you enjoyed it once you can still enjoy it.

You can NOT go wrong with HOFer RCs. The reason players play is to win Championships and make the Hall, so it is and always be the pinnacle of baseball card collecting. You can actually get the stuff at half-way decent prices too, yet like gold, they rarely if ever drop in value and mostly increase. The only thing I COLLECT is graded HOF rookie cards and PSA registry sets of my favorite teams, I buy and sell everything else.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
sportscardtheory said:
CAROLINA BOSOX said:

You can NOT go wrong with HOFer RCs. The reason players play is to win Championships and make the Hall, so it is and always be the pinnacle of baseball card collecting. You can actually get the stuff at half-way decent prices too, yet like gold, they rarely if ever drop in value and mostly increase. The only thing I COLLECT is graded HOF rookie cards and PSA registry sets of my favorite teams, I buy and sell everything else.

Although I admire the hell out of graded vintage, especially those of HOF'ers, prospectors like myself are looking to make larger increases quicker. Depending on your financial status, age, etc, there is such a thing as investing too non-aggressively.

(That's if your ultimate goal is profit)

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
sheetskout said:
sportscardtheory said:
CAROLINA BOSOX said:

Although I admire the hell out of graded vintage, especially those of HOF'ers, prospectors like myself are looking to make larger increases quicker. Depending on your financial status, age, etc, there is such a thing as investing too non-aggressively.

(That's if your ultimate goal is profit)

I was talking strictly collecting. Like I said, I buy and sell anything including prospects, but I only collect HOF RCs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts