Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So let me see if I have this straight.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
In the new 2010 Bowman Chrome there are green border "RC Logo" cards of:

1. Tenth string TWINS catcher drew butera (whose first card was 2005)
2. Another rc logo of Kila (he had one last year and his first card is also from 2005)
3. Card of a 73 yr old never going to play for the Yanks again Kevin Russo
4. A card of Atilano whose first card was seven years ago.

BUT..........

Theres no card of Buster Posey. A guy who not only put up sick numbers, was called up a while ago, BUT was in the earliest Topps products released this year AND was in Bowman as only a Bowman card AND would add to the box break big time since there just about no premium 2010 non autos of him.

But if this is the only gaffe in this product, it will be acceptable...sort of.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
There are also a handful of First Year cards that already had a first year base/autograph in 2010 Bowman along with a few that had first year cards in previous years. I am not quite sure if Topps just throws out the player card databases each time they make a product or what the deal is. I agree with you, why would Topps include "RC's" of players that had previous RC's or have had first years from 5 to 7 years ago and not put in some hotter players such as Posey, Bumgarner, etc?

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
It's because prospecting is one large contradiction and that's about it. It's a market driven by hype of unproven 17 and 20 year olds and nothing else. Where else does prices drop when a player gets called up and performs well? With Prospecting that's where. Blogs, lists and people assuming they have a clue after reading multiplies of them and giving advice. Topps just caters to this non sense year after year knowing they're gong to profit no matter what happens to said players. Prospecting was once of buying a load of rookies, hoping he did well in the majors and then sell for profit. Now it's reverse for some reason.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Posey's rc was in 2010 Bowman base - they were commanding some good money for a base card at one point, maybe still. I haven't checked. I dumped mine when they hit $5 a piece. I don't really think his Chrome version would have brought all that much more in terms of cash value, or more likely, people paid $5 on the base because there was no chrome.

So, I think you have it straight! LOL ~ Maybe it was some sort of oversight - but hey, you have yet another Jason Heyward "RC" card!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Marro said:
Prospecting was once of buying a load of rookies, hoping he did well in the majors and then sell for profit. Now it's reverse for some reason.

I don't think prospecting is the reverse of that, but rather the selling point has been moved up - as soon as he is called up to the majors is when you dump the cards for the conservative prospector and for those that risk it a little - give the player 10 or 15 games to see if he comes out of the gate smoking. There are very few exceptions.

A couple though that come to mind which fit your description (continued escalation in price for a while even as a Major Leaguer) are: 1) Cole Hamels, 2) Hanley Ramirez, 3) Buster Posey.

I'm sure there are many more. I agree though - one would think it should be a hoarding of guys that you are think are going to be good as major leaguers who have to PROVE themselves at that level and THEN escalate in price as they continue to succeed.

Members online

Latest posts