Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Time to put Peter Gammons in a home...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Unless Jon Lester is coming in return, I say, no thanks... Although I do believe that Boston would most likely be able to fleece Doug Melvin based on his keen "eye" for pitching talent.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Or perhaps it's time to put you in the home for not believing it?

Just why is this such crazy news? If the Brewers aren't resigning Prince, they are going into rebuilding mode if you ask me. That means keeping Braun may not make a whole lot of sense, if they aren't going to be contenders soon. That pitching staff is just horrendous, all 5 guys combined.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
:lol: Yes. The Brewers are looking to move a 27 yr old .300 30 100 guy who is only owed 40 million over the next 5 years.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
for a player with 162 game avg of .307/.364/.554 36-hr 118-rbi 42-2b he is pretty affordable and signed through 2015. as a result, "if" the brewers decide to move him they will be seeking an arm and a leg in return. comparing braun to prince is like comparing apples to oranges due to their contract status.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
hail2thevictors said:

Just why is this such crazy news? If the Brewers aren't resigning Prince, they are going into rebuilding mode if you ask me. That means keeping Braun may not make a whole lot of sense, if they aren't going to be contenders soon. That pitching staff is just horrendous, all 5 guys combined.

Can we PLEASE do some sort of financial deals in the near future. If you can't see the value in Ryan Braun+his contract terms, arguably THE best deal in baseball besides Longo, then I want to sell you a few things. Even IF the Brewers were going into TOTAL rebuilding mode, Braun can hang out for as long as it takes and the Brewers will pay that contract all day. ::facepalm::

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I have alot more faith in Gammons' word (especially involving Red Sox matters) than I do of anybody in the BrewCrew's front office ability to think this one out.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
It would take Buchholz and another for me. But no WAY does this ever get done.

I agree with Hive. The Braun signing by Melvin was one of the best signings in the past decade.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
mudflap02 said:
kdailey4315 said:
I got a nice red bridge for sale in San Francisco if anyone's interested.

Which one? I have some smaller causeways and a nice McHenry Tunnel if you're trading. Would love a shot at a bridge.

Calloway FT? LMK

sunojorel

Oct 5, 2010
GAP, PA
True story:I met and had an opportunity to sit with a prominent personality from baseball tonite about 4 years ago and BS with him for a while, (Peter Gammons was still at Baseball Tonite then), he told me that Peter will run with anything and they'd sometimes prank him and call in a fake lead to him to see what he did with it, and if he would bring it to air as fact.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
JoshHamilton said:
mudflap02 said:
kdailey4315 said:

Which one? I have some smaller causeways and a nice McHenry Tunnel if you're trading. Would love a shot at a bridge.

Calloway FT? LMK

Here's what I have. Should I check your guys bucket?

GoldenGateBridge-001.jpg

you moron. that'd the golden gate bridge. like you really own that. and why would you trade it if you did?

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
hive17 said:
hail2thevictors said:

Can we PLEASE do some sort of financial deals in the near future. If you can't see the value in Ryan Braun+his contract terms, arguably THE best deal in baseball besides Longo, then I want to sell you a few things. Even IF the Brewers were going into TOTAL rebuilding mode, Braun can hang out for as long as it takes and the Brewers will pay that contract all day. ::facepalm::

His talent + attractive contract just might mean he is the ultimate trade chip. I don't think it's that unfathomable. I think you are looking through your "fan" glasses here. What if the Brewers want to save cash and fill up on prospects? I agree personally I'd want to keep him - but if the Sox were willing to unload the tanks it would warrant at least listening to their offers.

PS - Escobar will never be an all-star :D (Tee Hee).

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
jkeys said:
hive17 said:
hail2thevictors said:

His talent + attractive contract just might mean he is the ultimate trade chip. I don't think it's that unfathomable. I think you are looking through your "fan" glasses here. What if the Brewers want to save cash and fill up on prospects? I agree personally I'd want to keep him - but if the Sox were willing to unload the tanks it would warrant at least listening to their offers.

PS - Escobar will never be an all-star :D (Tee Hee).

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's not impossible for 50 dropped quarters to all land face up. You just go ahead and wait on either one of those to happen.

I think this has A LOT more to do with Gammons' homerism than my fan glasses. You could change the name from Braun to Longoria, and I'd still want to commit Peter. FACT: this won't happen.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
If there is even a shed of truth to this, which I do not think there is, it would take a TON to get him. Think Kelly + Rizzo + Kalish + Doubront + Pimentel type of deal. Would I make that trade if I am the Sox? Probably so. I would think that MIL would definitely be interested in Buchholz, but if Prince leaves next year and they move Braun, it would be more likely that they would be more interested in guys that have less service time accumulated.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Last night on Yes one of the comentators said the Brewers were one of the teams in the running for Cliff Lee.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
markakis8 said:
kdailey4315 said:
JoshHamilton said:
mudflap02 said:
kdailey4315 said:

Calloway FT? LMK

Here's what I have. Should I check your guys bucket?

GoldenGateBridge-001.jpg

you moron. that'd the golden gate bridge. like you really own that. and why would you trade it if you did?

Someone doesn't get the joke...

Members online

Latest posts