Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

J. Montero for J. Upton?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Would you do this trade? Do you think the Yankees or Diamondbacks would do it?
I would do it if I were the Yankees, not so sure if I were the DBacks.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
would be an awful trade for the yankees since posada is on his way out. especially if they sign crawford.

they would have upton, crawford, granderson, swisher, and gardner.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
markakis8 said:
would be an awful trade for the yankees since posada is on his way out. especially if they sign crawford.

they would have upton, crawford, granderson, swisher, and gardner.
But they arent signing Crawford. And they have Romine who should be ready next year to take over behind the plate.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
I think it would be better for the Yankees as they would be trading a 1 tool player for a 5 tool player. And to make room they could drop Swisher, man he sucks, I'm happy we (A's)got rid of him

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
chromerookies said:
I think it would be better for the Yankees as they would be trading a 1 tool player for a 5 tool player. And to make room they could drop Swisher, man he sucks, I'm happy we (A's)got rid of him
Exactly my thinking, the 1 tool for 5 tool.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Technically Montero offers 3 tools: power, hit, and arm. Defense and speed obviously are below average.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
From USAToday:

The New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox, who often find themselves competing for the same player, have each had trade talks with the Arizona Diamondbacks for former All-Star right fielder Justin Upton, high-ranking executives from the three clubs said. The officials are not able to comment on the talks because they are ongoing.

Yet, while the Yankees' package has not met the Diamondbacks' demands, according to officials from New York and Arizona, the Red Sox still are engaged in talks.

"If somebody wants to overpay,'' Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers said, "I'll be more than willing to listen. It's just a thing where people are kicking the tires right now. That's it.''

Upton, 23, was an All-Star in 2009 and would be attractive to many clubs because he's signed through 2015. Upton will make just $4.25 million in 2011.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
rico08 said:
I would guess a team would really have to overpay to get Justin Upton. Montero alone will not cut it.

Agreed. Yankees would need to add another solid prospect or cost controlled player to get the Dbacks to even think about that offer.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
rico08 said:
I would guess a team would really have to overpay to get Justin Upton. Montero alone will not cut it.
Thats what Im saying, I think it would be a bad move for Arizona.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
phillyfan0417 said:
Montero, short of the stolen bases, could already be a better hitter than upton has shown, well, he would K less.

Yankees would be stupid to make this trade straight up.
Why would they be stupid to make that trade? I say the opposite, I think Arizona would be stupid to make that trade.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
chromerookies said:

Nick Swisher "sucks?"

Surely, you can't be serious.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
cubfan131 said:
rico08 said:

Agreed. Yankees would need to add another solid prospect or cost controlled player to get the Dbacks to even think about that offer.
The Yankees could offer more, they have the prospects. I think it is a no brainer for the Yankees. Especially with the contract that Upton has.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Everybody thinks that Montero is the answer behind the plate. The Yankeesproblem is that they cant throw anyone one out. Montero is not going to solve that problem.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
elmalo said:
phillyfan0417 said:
Montero, short of the stolen bases, could already be a better hitter than upton has shown, well, he would K less.

Yankees would be stupid to make this trade straight up.
Why would they be stupid to make that trade? I say the opposite, I think Arizona would be stupid to make that trade.

Montero is 20 and if he was to play next season for the yankees, could put up the numbers upton has.

I like upton but he's gone from a "when" to an "if"

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Montero is going to be 21, Upton is 23. Upton has a far more versatile game than Montero, he can do more. Which is what the Yankees need. They dont need another homerun hitter.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
elmalo said:
Montero is going to be 21, Upton is 23. Upton has a far more versatile game than Montero, he can do more. Which is what the Yankees need. They dont need another homerun hitter.

Upton strikes out alot and hasnt been anywhere near the player people thought he would be. Does he have a chance to reach those expectations? Yep, but like I said, its an "If"

Montero has the ability to be alot more than a home run hitter.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
Crash Davis said:
chromerookies said:

Nick Swisher "sucks?"

Surely, you can't be serious.

Surely, I am, well that's obviously my opinion and you must be a Yankee fan as I can't see why anyone would like a hitter who has this 162 Game Avg. of 29 HR 88 Rbi 1 SB 88 143 k .252 avg. As an A's fan I was more than happy to see him go. He's an avg defender who only hits HR and does nothing else. And by "sucks" I'm not saying he shouldn't be an MLer but more of a 4th OF/Bench type of player just not a starter

Members online

Latest posts