Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts on the new Sunday Night Baseball anounce team?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Re: Thoughts on the new Sunday Night Baseball anoounce team?

Sorry, forgot to mention the names ::facepalm::

Shulman, Hershiser, and Valentine :D

I watch any and all baseball that I can, so I am happy with this crew.

braden

Aug 7, 2008

Helen Keller would've been a step-up from Morgan so it's addition by subtraction.

That said, I LOVE Shulman. He's from Toronto and was the Jays main TV guy for a number of years. Everyone since has paled in comparison. Glad to be able to see him once a week, at least.

sbib

Aug 17, 2008

It will take some getting used to a new crew, but they should be great

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010

I like Bobby Valentine, not crazy about Hersheiser, never heard of the other guy.
Valentine should be managing though!

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI

I wasn't a big fan of Morgan but Valentine ranks right down by Tim Mccarver for me. Guess I'll have to find the mute button on my remote.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA

Exposfan said:
I wasn't a big fan of Morgan but Valentine ranks right down by Tim Mccarver for me. Guess I'll have to find the mute button on my remote.

I agree with this, he was terrible during the postseason. Every insight he had ended up being completely wrong, like which teams would win or what certain players were going to do at different moments in the game. Hershiser is OK and can add a pitchers perspective to a broadcast and I'm not sure I have every heard Shulman.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

MojoDan said:
Sorry, forgot to mention the names ::facepalm::

Shulman, Hershiser, and Valentine :D

I watch any and all baseball that I can, so I am happy with this crew.

Yay. Bobby "Poetic Justice" Valentine.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008

James52411 said:
Schulman and Hershiser are excellent, but Valentine is terrible.

yep... now i guess we can hope he gets a managerial position

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
braden said:
That said, I LOVE Shulman. He's from Toronto and was the Jays main TV guy for a number of years. Everyone since has paled in comparison. Glad to be able to see him once a week, at least.

yep, you'll get to *see* him instead of *hear* him about once a week. ;)

I'm pretty shocked many in this thread don't know who Dan Shulman is, because I have to assume when you guys don't have your butts plunked on the sofa or easy chair watching MLB on ESPN TV, you certainly are out and about listening to MLB on ESPN Radio with the pxp voice of MLB on ESPN Radio, Dan Shulman.

Good to see Shulman goes to the TV side and I'll have to see if I can find out who is taking over on the radio side now that Jon Miller has said no to the gig.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I've been listening to John Miller's voice ever since I first discovered Sunday Night baseball. No one will match him. It will be weird.

Members online

Latest posts