Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So what's the latest on the Donruss/Razor litigation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
razorent said:
We are working with Donruss on resolution.
BG

I'd love to see your counsel's argument for damages.

I don't see there being any damages. So even if donruss did something wrong there are no damages. Did it help sale any donruss, did it hurt Razor? Maybe if it was one of the bigger names, but even with that. Razor and Donruss would be getting free advertising because of it, so that may be a reason to push the case even with out damages.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
cgilmo said:
Jeff N. said:
razorent said:
BG

I would be willing to bet that the case never even made it that far.

If they're currently negotiating a settlement, one would think that the Plantiff would have sent a demand letter, setting out their damages, realistic or not.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
Without damages there is no basis for a lawsuit and therefore no basis for a settlement. They have to be making an argument for damages, and I think that is why Jeff would like to see it (he wants to know what damages there could be). I'd also be curious as I always like reading interesting arguments by other attorneys.

Craig

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Craig - 21hawk said:
Without damages there is no basis for a lawsuit and therefore no basis for a settlement. They have to be making an argument for damages, and I think that is why Jeff would like to see it (he wants to know what damages there could be). I'd also be curious as I always like reading interesting arguments by other attorneys.

Craig

Nice to see you Craig. Hope things are going well.

And I agree, would be very interesting to see.... maybe Brian could let all the FCB attorneys review his teams demand, lol.

G

They may just say they disposed for them, and then when the Razor contract ends for both
They will insert them signed into a product from the year they sign them. like 2011 or 2012
Kind of like a buy back but they never left. LOL

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Pine Tar said:
They may just say they disposed for them, and then when the Razor contract ends for both
They will insert them signed into a product from the year they sign them. like 2011 or 2012
Kind of like a buy back but they never left. LOL

What, Donruss do a "buyback" of a card that never left the factory and was never issued in packs?

Gosh, they'd never do that (cough 2001 elite extra edition rookies reprinted with different serial #s cough cough)

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Jeff N. said:
cgilmo said:
[quote="Jeff N.":1fw0xn9u]
razorent said:
BG

If they're currently negotiating a settlement, one would think that the Plantiff would have sent a demand letter, setting out their damages, realistic or not.[/quote:1fw0xn9u]

Just an FYI....

The legal situation between Razor and Donruss is really none of your business. I am not sure why you think he would give you any information.

When there is a resolution, you will know.

This is just like you asking for contracts all the time. You have no right to see them, so why even ask?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
NECpilgrims8 said:
Jeff N. said:
cgilmo said:
[quote="Jeff N.":1jcuyetg]
razorent said:
BG

If they're currently negotiating a settlement, one would think that the Plantiff would have sent a demand letter, setting out their damages, realistic or not.

Just an FYI....

The legal situation between Razor and Donruss is really none of your business. I am not sure why you think he would give you any information.

This is just like you asking for contracts all the time. You have no right to see them, so why even ask?[/quote:1jcuyetg]

Golly Adam, I didn't ask to see any contracts. Ever.

This is a baseball card message board. There was a 20 page thread about this. There were front page stories on Beckett and this very message board. I wanted an update. I'm curious. As are a lot of other people.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Craig - 21hawk said:
caseya10781 said:
Nice to see you Craig. Hope things are going well.

Things are well. Quite busy in the construction law area with the current economic climate. You still in law school or are you out in the real world now?

Craig

Glad your doing well. Finished school and have been working at a small firm in east TN for a little over a year now. It was two attorneys and myself at the beginning, but one retired about 7 months ago and I took over for him and the other will retire this year...... so if you'd like to come practice in TN I think I might be able to find a spot for you, lol. Man do I realize how fun and easy law school was now, haha!

But like you said, just very busy, but going well.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Jeff N. said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":3w33fho5]
cgilmo said:
[quote="Jeff N.":3w33fho5]
razorent said:
BG

Just an FYI....

This is just like you asking for contracts all the time. You have no right to see them, so why even ask?[/quote:3w33fho5]

Golly Adam, I didn't ask to see any contracts. Ever.

This is a baseball card message board. There was a 20 page thread about this. There were front page stories on Beckett and this very message board. I wanted an update. I'm curious. As are a lot of other people.[/quote:3w33fho5]

I would go back-track to find your constant claims to see player contracts, but then again you probably edited it all, since you love that button.

Sure, there were front page stories about the card being found. There have been no stories discussing the legal matter. You know more than anyone that it's really not public information while the case is being pursued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.