Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Topps Anti On Card Auto's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maybe i have missed some but after doing searches on the bay i can not find any on card autos from 2010 Topps products. Since there is no more Uppet deck , in the future am i just going to have to buy old cards from other products? I get urges to add autographed cards of current players from time to time and i prefer on card autos as i would like to add the most current release but am i just going to be out if luck since topps is now the only source for cards?? Are there any future releases from topps that have on card auto's?

For example i would like to add a pujols on card auto to my pc. From the looks at i think the best choice as far as price goes and being a on card i will have to go for a Upper Deck sweet spot auto which i dont mind as they are beautiful but should i hold out for an upcoming release?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
since Upper Deck is gone???? LOL Are you kidding me? UD always used stickers and many times they didn't
even match the card! Topps is the only card company that still makes on card autos. Heritage and Ginter
every year, even some triple threads were on card. Plenty to collect this year.

Kevin

schmidtfan20 said:
since Upper Deck is gone???? LOL Are you kidding me? UD always used stickers and many times they didn't
even match the card! Topps is the only card company that still makes on card autos. Heritage and Ginter

Kevin

Ill keep the 2 you mentioned in mind. Upper deck did have those nice exquisite and ultimate on card autos.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin
Aside from the fact that you're biased, you're also wrong.

Nearly all of 2008 & 2009 Ultimate were on-card. You know, like high-end products should be?

Plus:

UltimateSig4of99.jpg

2005UltimateSignatureDecades.jpg

2005UltimateSignatureMVPsDualAutogr.jpg

UltSigDual234-250.jpg

2005UltimateSignatureDualROYs9-25.jpg

2003SweetSpot.jpg

2005SweetSpot7-25.jpg

Trilogy53-75.jpg

2000UDLegendsAuto.jpg

UD made a shitload of on-card autos, especially when it mattered most.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Cool! Then I'd say a sticker that's autographed while already applied to a card is an 'on-card sticker auto' :cool:

chashawk said:
Yep, it is. :D The pieces of bat, ball, glove, etc are in/on the card when the player signs it. Same with these:

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
Cool! Then I'd say a sticker that's autographed while already applied to a card is an 'on-card sticker auto' :cool:

chashawk said:
Yep, it is. :D The pieces of bat, ball, glove, etc are in/on the card when the player signs it. Same with these:

But who sends cards to players with a sticker on them, they sign a sticker then it is put on the card. The Sweet Spot is the design element.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
beefycheddar said:

chashawk said:

But who sends cards to players with a sticker on them, they sign a sticker then it is put on the card. The Sweet Spot is the design element.

I don't know if the card is sent to the player with the bat, ball, glove, etc already in it, I only know all of these things come off the card like a sticker would come off a card - with glue.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
beefycheddar said:

chashawk said:

I don't know if the card is sent to the player with the bat, ball, glove, etc already in it, I only know it comes off the card like a sticker comes off a card - with glue.

The card is sent that way, Phil Hughes posted pics of him signing the Sweet Spot cards. They were built already. Now you know.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
beefycheddar said:
beefycheddar said:

chashawk said:

I don't know if the card is sent to the player with the bat, ball, glove, etc already in it, I only know it comes off the card like a sticker comes off a card - with glue.

The card is sent that way, Phil Hughes posted pics of him signing the Sweet Spot cards. They were built already. Now you know.

Thanks, that's wonderful to know, but it doesn't mean the element is any different than a sticker.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
jake9494 said:
You do realize bowman chrome is topps right.
I'm sure he does.

He is talking mostly about retired/HOF/current star players - which topps does a ****** job of.

beefycheddar said:
beefycheddar said:

[quote="chashawk":3ek9u5lc]Yep, it is. :D The pieces of bat, ball, glove, etc are in/on the card when the player signs it. Same with these:

Thanks, that's wonderful to know, but it doesn't mean the element is any different than a sticker.[/quote:3ek9u5lc]
Yes, it does.

The whole concept of the sticker is so that 1,000s of them can be signed at once by the player and then applied to any card for years to come.

The way Sweet Spot is designed, built, signed is just about the same as on-card autos, and FAAAAARRRR from stickers.

Members online

Latest posts