Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Holy Crap!!!! My 1st 1/1.........Manny Machado Autograph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
Guys, Im freaking out right now........after busting (3) boxes of 2010 Bowman Chrome and getting absolute shat, I tore into my first pack of 2010 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects and pulled a fregin Manny Machado Printing Plate Auto 1/1.

Holy schnikes. Guys, I have no idea how much this is worth, any guesses. Any ideas? Here is the scan:

machadoauto.jpg

Any ideas how much this puppy is worth? Did I do good for my 1st 1/1? 8)

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Topnotchsy said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Bowman-Chrome-Draft-MANNY-MACHADO-AUTO-1-1-Plate-/220714850765?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3363a159cd

Hey Top is this one getting shilled seems one bidder had to be 8 times and has over 26% bid history with the seller

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
Topnotchsy said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Bowman-Chrome-Draft-MANNY-MACHADO-AUTO-1-1-Plate-/220714850765?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3363a159cd

Hey Top is this one getting shilled seems one bidder had to be 8 times and has over 26% bid history with the seller
I did not look closely, just posted the link, but it does seem quite high.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Plates in general do not seem to follow a set formula as far as pricing related to other parallels. I know that some people love them and others don't care for them at all which provides an interesting market dynamic. For those who like them it's a 1/1 (or 1/4) parallel which is obviously extremely tough to come upon, and considering it's one of the plates that went into the making of one of his key cards, it's highly desirable. Many others do not view them as cards and are completely not interested. Because of this in general I'd recommend a BIN/BO should you list it, though there is always a chance it sells for a crazy price in auction.

Comparing it to prices of other parallels or of printing plates of other players could give you a very distorted idea of the price (in either direction.) This is really a card where you kinda just have to list it and let it ride and see how it does.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
Well I figured I would set the BIN very high and have a price in mind. Im just not sure I can trust the auction thats going on right now for a gauge as to what to expect.

If you had to guess what is the absolute rock bottom price you think this card would/could fetch in an auction?

I think Im gonna set an auction starting tomorrow and let it ride for a week and see where it lands and just hope for the best based on what you wrote.

And just maybe Ill get a decent offer on it within the next 24hours that I might bite on.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
glewis22 said:
Well I figured I would set the BIN very high and have a price in mind. Im just not sure I can trust the auction thats going on right now for a gauge as to what to expect.

If you had to guess what is the absolute rock bottom price you think this card would/could fetch in an auction?

I think Im gonna set an auction starting tomorrow and let it ride for a week and see where it lands and just hope for the best based on what you wrote.

And just maybe Ill get a decent offer on it within the next 24hours that I might bite on.
Hard to say. Right now is probably a pretty good time since the new stuff is popular. In auction earlier this year a couple of Matt Kemp Auto plated went in the $100-$150 range but that likely was more the result of people not knowing they were up rather than it being what the "true" value is. I know I would have paid more had I seen them.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
glewis22 said:

Usually, Sunday nites work great, but with the Holidays being on weekends and MNF over, you might want to end on a weekday this time. Also, do you have any high-end O's stuff to put up at the same time? Since Ripken retired, there hasn't been a big Oriole for collectors to spend on, that might help you here.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Russ S. said:
gt2590 said:
Since Ripken retired, there hasn't been a big Oriole for collectors to spend on, that might help you here.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Guess you were under a rock during the Wieters Craze.

Oh, his prices went way overboard. But he didn't have "mainstream" cards most general public buyers would know. Most don't know DEEE and even less know Razor. He had some UD but alot of that hit after the spike.

Members online

Latest posts