Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Area Collectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
I'll probably be in St Louis in a few weeks for work, any good shops I should visit or restaurants that are a must?

My wife is from Alton, IL, which is right across the river, but moved to TN when she was young. We've made a few trips into the city when we visit extended family, but haven't really explored the town.

Any info is appreciated.... sorry to steal the thread, info can PMed.

Thanks,
Casey

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
caseya10781 said:
I'll probably be in St Louis in a few weeks for work, any good shops I should visit or restaurants that are a must?

My wife is from Alton, IL, which is right across the river, but moved to TN when she was young. We've made a few trips into the city when we visit extended family, but haven't really explored the town.

Thanks,
Casey

Imo's Pizza if you want some good St. Louis style pizza, one of my favorites.

jmill88

Dec 22, 2010
St. Louis, MO
caseya10781 said:

Thanks,
Casey

There is a place in the city called Blackthorn Pub that has thick Chicago style pizza that is awesome. There are a couple of decent shops. Don't have the addresses handy, but one is around 14600 manchester and the other is in a shopping center on Watson(8800?). Pm me and I can get the right addresses if interested.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Ozzie Smith had a restaurant in the burbs but it closed supposedly it reopened
downtown but not positive I will look around and edit this
here you go if you do go please lmk how it was thanks

http://www.ozziesrestaurantandsportsbar ... 2&Itemid=9

caseya10781 said:

Thanks,
Casey

jmill88

Dec 22, 2010
St. Louis, MO
craiger122003 said:
Ozzie Smith had a restaurant in the burbs but it closed supposedly it reopened
downtown but not positive I will look around and edit this

caseya10781 said:

Thanks,
Casey

I believe it reopened on Washington Ave downtown and looks like a very cool place.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
There's not any great stores in the area. The monthly card shows are hit/miss and usually it's the same group of dealers with the same stuff. There's a card show this Sunday if you're in town. For restaurants, I'd recommend Pi for pizza and Citizen Kane's or Annie Gunn's for steak.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Codasco07 said:
There's not any great stores in the area. The monthly card shows are hit/miss and usually it's the same group of dealers with the same stuff. There's a card show this Sunday if you're in town. For restaurants, I'd recommend Pi for pizza and Citizen Kane's or Annie Gunn's for steak.

Yeah, there was only the Mills mall show, which was okay and that one store out on Manchester that was okay, but the guy didn't have enough wax.

Not to mention I lived downtown, so they were a hike for me.

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
Mills mall show? I must have missed that one. I know Dave Jackson puts on a show at least once a month at Two Hearts Banquet Center in South County or at the Machinists Hall in Bridgeton. I don't remember how often but they also have the 3 day shows at the Machinists hall. Like someone said before the one day shows that are once a month may have the same dealers. I mainly go for the autographs so I don'ty know how much wax they actually have.

St Louis Sports collectors site:
http://www.stlsportscollectors.com/

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis
I live in Florissant. There is a card shop in St. Charles called the Collector's Store and another 1 in Edwardsville called GoodSports. The 2 big shows are in October and March at the Machinists hall in Bridgeton.

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
tyweb1 said:
I live in Florissant. There is a card shop in St. Charles called the Collector's Store and another 1 in Edwardsville called GoodSports. The 2 big shows are in October and March at the Machinists hall in Bridgeton.

Where are you at in Florissant? I live off Central Parkway and Humes

Members online

Latest posts