Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What Turns You On About Your Favorite Prospect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Ok....lets see how this goes. I would ask that everyone please elaborate on your choice and not just say "Evan Longoria" and "Cause he is a great hitter".

I guess for me my favorite current prospect is the guy in my sig, Angel Salome. For me, I guess I thought the idea of a 5'7" Catcher who kept defying the odds with his awkward playing style (a la Hunter Pence).

Salome continues to hit with weird fundamentals. I also had a soft spot because initially I think Angel got the shaft from public opinion on his suspension; something that seems to have righted himself at least a little. That coupled with the things that his high school coach from George Washington High in New York, mad me want to believe in Salome.

Angel's former coach can be seen on another of my favorite sites, BrewerFan.net. I would also like to mention that I feel Brewerfan.net is probably the best team dedicated fan-site in baseball. If you can find another that is as well done that Brewerfan.net, please let me know.

Thanks. Let me know your choice or comments.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Brad Hand. I am not sure if I am "turned on", but I like the idea of a southpaw that can throw heat and still very young. Also his cards can be had for almost next to nothing in the standards of other prospects. Can't really lose on him unless he drops out of baseball or his arm falls off.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
My current favorite, Lorenzo Cain, is so humble about what he's doing. He didn't play baseball until i think Sophomore year in HS. He just has the natural ability that he keeps hanging impressive tools on. Kind of like Antonio Gates, who came out of no where, said "I guess I'll give this a try", rocked the piss out of it, and has the decency to respect the game he's still new to.

I think that's what has people confused about LoCain- Any issues you may see in his game stem from the fact that he's only really been playing it for 6 years from the time he picked up a glove. He was a draft-and-follow too, meaning he knew his limits and knew he'd need a little seasoning.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
My initial thought when I read the title was "Dreamy eyes?".

I don't know if I even have a "favorite" prospect right now. My favorite probably won't be a pro until near the signing deadline for 2009 draft picks, Kentrail Davis. If he counts, then I like him because he has a short, thick build that causes people to underestimate him, but he's very athletic, all muscle, and pretty toolsy. I like the story of how he got strong from working for his dad's construction company growing up, and I believe his dad had him haul all sorts of heavy materials at home because they couldn't afford to get him workout equipment. He's also supposed to be an all out energy player, a hard worker and a good teammate. It's great when the most talented guys are also the hardest workers.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
I like escobar because he played the past season and a half about 5 minutes from my house. I also like that he is good at offense and great at defense. And i guess i like the fact that he is sort of tiny but is still so talented. I have always been drawn to the hustling little scrappy leadoff hitter type players but none have been able to play the quality of defense that alcides can. Plus he is 21 years old.

Members online

Latest posts