Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can someone post front/back scans of 98 Finest No Protector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
If someone can post the front/back of a regular 1998 Finest and the front/back of a non-protector finest, I would greatly appreciate it.

A_Pharis

I have a couple unscanned and would scan them if I had the time. I can tell you that the only difference as far as I can tell is that there is no peel-off on the "No protector". To me, all you'd need to do is peel one and call it "No Protector" unless you saw it pulled as such.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I believe in basketball the No Peel variation had the outline of the player etched on the back picture or had some different finish to distinguish a peeled card and a card that was peeled after being pulled. Not sure in baseball.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I know, but want to show what the actually look like, as I cannot convey to another board member what they look like.

Unfortunately I sold the last one I had, otherwise, I would scan one.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Here is a no protector refractor version:
jeterdualref1.jpg
jeterdualref2.jpg

Base refractor version:
jeterfinref1.jpg
jeterfinref2.jpg

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
chief7575 said:
The No protector refractors are refractors on the back as well.

regular shown first
98FinestNoPro.jpg
98FinestNoProRef.jpg

^This

Not sure how many know that the backs are refractors as well. Otherwise you just have a protector refractor with the protector peeled off.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
The above two posters beat me too it.. I had a tough time with these at first until I noticed how the back of the cards were so different.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I knew the difference, but wanted to show a fellow board member the difference.

Both I and predatorjk thank you.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks guys(and Eddie!). My shop owner actually told me there was no such thing and that a no-protector just means the protector was peeled off. I was hoping there was something more to it. Thankfully ya'll have convinced me beyond a doubt.

So let me get this straight...the no-protector refractors have a refractor like finish on the back while a regular refractor does not. Okay. And the base versions have a different finish on the back as well correct?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts