Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Greatest Redemption of my Life!!!! Must Read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdhaugh11

Mar 19, 2009
Just got my mystery redemption in the mail from 2008 Upper Deck Football. My wife had to sign for it, so that should have been my first sign this was something different.
I had an outstanding redemption for a 2008 Iconic Cut Mystery Redemption from regular Upper Deck Football. At this point I would of been happy with any redemption.
What I got was the greatest card I have ever owned or probably will ever own.
It's a Jim Thorpe 1/1 Cut Auto!!!!!!! I was jumping up and down like a little school girl!

What do you think this will bring? I will list it on Ebay later tonight.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
I thought this was gonna be about a third Bradford 1/1 :lol:

Congrats, but this thread is useless without a scan.

jdhaugh11

Mar 19, 2009
I have no idea, I've already had several people email asking how much to end it early. I told them I am letting it ride, because there is no telling on a card like this.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
jdhaugh11 said:
I have no idea, I've already had several people email asking how much to end it early. I told them I am letting it ride, because there is no telling on a card like this.
I would do the same thing, let it ride and see what happens.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
mstng99tim said:
jdhaugh11 said:
I would do the same thing, let it ride and see what happens.

Definately. I'm watching it, very interested to see what it goes for. Good luck with the sale man!!!

jdhaugh11

Mar 19, 2009
Amazing story how I even got the redemption. About 6 months ago I went to my LCS and saw that he had a box of 2008 UD FB for like $40, so I bought it. I pulled the Mystery Iconic Cuts Redemption, but it had expired 6 months ago. I tried to redeem it online just in case they extended the deadline, but no luck. I then called UD to see if they would still honor the redemption and they said to send it in with a letter of explanation and they would create a case # and see what they could do.
So months went by and no word, so I called them. They said since it was expired there was only a small chance they would send me something. I reminded them that their website says that all autograph redemptions are good for 2 years after release date of product, and since this product was released in September of 2008 and I sent this card in August of 2010, the redemption should be good even though the cards expiration date had passed. They said they would look into it and "try" to send me something.
Long story short, my wife told me she got a package in the mail today that she had to sign for, which I thought was strange. I opened it up and couldn't believe what it was.
Now since I was unable to enter the code online I don't know if this was the Cut Redemption I was supposed to get or that I just hit the lotto.
My wife told me this was a gift from her deceased mother, since today is the anniversary of when her mother died. I think she may be right, because money has been tight on one income and her mother knew how important it was for my wife to stay home with our son. Sorry for this last sappy part, it's just how the story ends!

HEAVYHITTER

Oct 31, 2008
jdhaugh11 said:
Amazing story how I even got the redemption. About 6 months ago I went to my LCS and saw that he had a box of 2008 UD FB for like $40, so I bought it. I pulled the Mystery Iconic Cuts Redemption, but it had expired 6 months ago. I tried to redeem it online just in case they extended the deadline, but no luck. I then called UD to see if they would still honor the redemption and they said to send it in with a letter of explanation and they would create a case # and see what they could do.
So months went by and no word, so I called them. They said since it was expired there was only a small chance they would send me something. I reminded them that their website says that all autograph redemptions are good for 2 years after release date of product, and since this product was released in September of 2008 and I sent this card in August of 2010, the redemption should be good even though the cards expiration date had passed. They said they would look into it and "try" to send me something.
Long story short, my wife told me she got a package in the mail today that she had to sign for, which I thought was strange. I opened it up and couldn't believe what it was.
Now since I was unable to enter the code online I don't know if this was the Cut Redemption I was supposed to get or that I just hit the lotto.
My wife told me this was a gift from her deceased mother, since today is the anniversary of when her mother died. I think she may be right, because money has been tight on one income and her mother knew how important it was for my wife to stay home with our son. Sorry for this last sappy part, it's just how the story ends!

No, hopefully it ends with a couple grand :)

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
Very sweet redemption, I just sent out some NPNs hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with a kobe card or something, you really hit the juckpot, hope you get huge money!!! Then spend some on my items :D

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Amazing hit! Congrats!

As far as price, one brought over $3,000 last August. Good luck with your sale!

jdhaugh11

Mar 19, 2009
tide12champrings said:
That is one ugly ass card but congrats!

You are right, the card is very plain, but at least the signature isn't faded like other ones I have seen, so I am happy for that! Most Cut Auto's are not done right, they don't seem to put much effort into them, because they know people will go nuts over them, at least for certain people they will.

Latest posts