Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Topps Series 1 thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Well the first 2011 product is live now so I was wondering everyone's thoughts on it.I know it isn't for everyone.I very pleased by it.I really enjoy the Kimball minis.The photography is top notch on the base set.The Legends Variations are a big hit with me.The only thing I didn't really care for was the Topps 60 Years reprints.It is damn near the same set as last year with different cards.What do you guys think?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The 60 years reprints are totally played out from last year, but the Kimball minis and the Diamond Collection parallels are my two favorite insert sets in years.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I can''t wait to get my hands on it!

I like the parallels, and the inserts. I am just preachin to the Choir on those re-prints... as they are complete trash. They were last year.

The design and photography are great too. I can't wait to see how the TTMers and IPers will say about them after they are signed.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Its a lot of fun opening the packs. You get many different designs to look at. I don't like all the reprints like most but they do well in my quarter boxes at shows.

They have packed a ton of stuff into this release. I can't wait to see the diamond die cut cards as well. I will probably start collecting them and try for a set.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
The commemorative patches are really cool. I've bought four or five (for flipping purposes, some sellers put BINs way lower than completed ones have gone for) but I am considering building the set when it all cools down.

Also got a great steal from this set for a sick BIN, I'll post it when it arrives :D

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
I will continue to put together the base set as I have for the past 30+ years. It gets harder every year to do this in an econimical manner as the number of insert sets has increased. I realize I could just buy the factory set at the end of the year but I still enjoy busting the wax here and there and putting together the set by hand.

This years set looks just fine and I am just getting started and do not yet have a handle on all of the insert sets.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I don't like to be judgmental about other collectors, but if you can't get at least some simple enjoyment out of base Topps, you probably have some strange ideas about what the product is, and probably even stranger ideas about what the hobby's supposed to be. Not every box can be an ATM, not every card is a collection cornerstone. It's a nice set, with something for everybody, unless that person is a total grinch.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Year in, year out, cracking base Topps and getting it out early on eBay is a guaranteed money maker if there has ever been one in cards.

Sure, it slows down, but people love the tradition of base Topps and pay accordingly to complete their sets or add their players first.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
smapdi said:
I don't like to be judgmental about other collectors, but if you can't get at least some simple enjoyment out of base Topps, you probably have some strange ideas about what the product is, and probably even stranger ideas about what the hobby's supposed to be. Not every box can be an ATM, not every card is a collection cornerstone. It's a nice set, with something for everybody, unless that person is a total grinch.

Thanked.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Pulled a card from retail I have no clue about. It's #CMGR-24, a 1934 Goudey Gehrig.

Searched the sell sheet but didn't see it.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
ThoseBackPages said:
smapdi said:

Thanked.
+2

Members online

Latest posts