Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Zach Mcallister- Should I continue to hold on to hope?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Well, my first real shot at prospecting was Zach Mcallister, because he was fairly cheap and it seemed like he showed some promise. I have a few base chrome autos, a handful of refractors autos, 2-3 blue refractor autos, a gold ref auto PSA9, and some non-auto color. All in all I probably invested around $150, $200 topps. He had a good 2008 in A & A+ ball and a solid 2009 at AA Trenton at 21 years old (2.25 ERA. However, he had a horrible year last year at his first go at triple A. I was wondering if any of you prospectors out there have paid any attention to Mcallister and what you think. Thanks.

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
I know that the Indians will be giving him a shot at the #5 spot come Spring training.

He'll probably end up back in AAA to start the year but I'd say he needs to have a solid year at AAA with all the #3, 4, and 5 arms that the Tribe has floating around between MLB, AAA, and AA

GTJ558

Jan 26, 2009
i've got many mcallisters...some slabbed others not...if you still want some and are into those Indians prospects give me a shout. I'm not on here all the time but I was just checking this thread out...I too liked his size and ability to hit the strikezone, you could get your moneys worth and more if he sticks in the bigs and starts throwing a sinker like Webb or Pelfrey. IMO of course.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
I remembered posting this a while back and with Mcallister's hot start I wanted to see if anyone has seen him pitch this year and what they thought. :)

Aug 29, 2008
Matsuicollector said:
I remembered posting this a while back and with Mcallister's hot start I wanted to see if anyone has seen him pitch this year and what they thought. :)

I pretty much had lost track of him once he left the Yanks. I always thought they looked at him more as an innings eating 4th or 5th guy as opposed to a top of the rotation guy.

His stuff seems to have jumped up a bit. 8 Refractors from 06 Chrome just got $35 and an Autographed Blue Refractor from 07 Chrome just got around $30 after one just sold for $13 about a week before. I believe thats at least close to what they sold a couple years back. I am holding onto a Refractor Auto graded 9.5 from 07 that I might throw up on Ebay.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
I used to be a huge fan of him. He was a Yankee, had great size, and was advanced for his age & continually put up very solid numbers.

Members online

Latest posts