Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

These still worth anything - 1990 Frank Thomas NNOF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
BunchOfBull MIGHT be able to help

Your card is probably $350-$400

I've been looking for a PSA 9 for years

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:

They are very rare. I know a collector that sold two psa 8's I believe for $400 per. Your copy, I'd guess is more in the 125-200 range due to condition.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
It's one of those cards that isn't as rare as originally thought of. I am pretty sure someone on here has researched the sales of those cards, each and every one for years. A lot have actually surfaced, some fakes too, but still commands a huge premium when listed. It's notoriety alone keeps the value high. Nice card!!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
steve-a-reno said:
JoshHamilton said:

They are very rare. I know a collector that sold two psa 8's I believe for $400 per. Your copy, I'd guess is more in the 125-200 range due to condition.

7s and 8s are in the 300-400 range (on average)

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
There is still a great deal of interest in that 20+ years later. Congrats on the pick up.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
clarkfan said:
It's one of those cards that isn't as rare as originally thought of. I am pretty sure someone on here has researched the sales of those cards, each and every one for years. A lot have actually surfaced, some fakes too, but still commands a huge premium when listed. It's notoriety alone keeps the value high. Nice card!!

For the time period they are extremely rare. Compared to now they are just rare. Something numbered to 100 then would be insane rare for the time. The pure odds that someone would find a NNOF are much worse than finding a 1/1 today.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I've always said I think production was probably in the 200 range...data to support this? Very little. Mostly inferences based upon sales.

After the 1990 Topps Blackless discovery, the market was flooded with copies of the NNOF and prices fell some. 2 years ago, near mint copies were selling for $700-800. Now, more like $400 to $500. However, when Topps came out with the "Cards Your Mom Threw Out" promotion, the reprints were everywhere and folks stopped listing real copies. I haven't seen a real NNOF on eBay for several months now. If you are looking to sell, now may be the time.

I probably have a buyer for you otherwise.

I paid $875 a little more than a year ago for my copy, which is the lowest recorded price for a PSA 9.

1990ToppsNNOF414.jpg

Edited to add: I sold one in similar condition to yours, but raw, for around $250 a year ago.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
If you are talking about me Steve, I had a BGS 8.0 that I sold for $750 (if memory serves) and a BGS 8.5 for $875 (again, my memory isn't so great, but they both sold for well over $400). :)

steve-a-reno said:
JoshHamilton said:

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Such great hobby memories surround that card. I remember the NNOF and Griffey UD rookie were on a short list of my most wanted cards as a 9 yr old. And I agree with IndyMann, that card would look great with an auto.

Casey

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
caseya10781 said:
Such great hobby memories surround that card. I remember the NNOF and Griffey UD rookie were on a short list of my most wanted cards as a 9 yr old. And I agree with IndyMann, that card would look great with an auto.

Casey

Actually, the copy I sold last year now resides in one of the nicest autographed rookie collections in the country...

2rn7o7s.jpg

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
BunchOBull said:
caseya10781 said:

Casey

Actually, the copy I sold last year now resides in one of the nicest autographed rookie collections in the country...

2rn7o7s.jpg
That looks phenomenal signed, thanks for posting a scan.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
BunchOBull said:
caseya10781 said:

Casey

2rn7o7s.jpg

Dmitri Young?

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
caseya10781 said:

Casey

Anybody know if Frank is signing anywhere anytime soon?

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
BunchOBull said:
No, Mike Navarro. Some of his collection can be viewed here:

http://forums.collectors.com/messagevie ... did=651262

WOW!!! I don't want to high jack the thread, but that collection is completely insane. Just to have all those RCs is one thing. Autoed on top of it is crazy. Literally every sport plus political people, Olympians, racing, wrestling, etc. If they made a card he has it.

I can't even imagine what this one would go for.

28cofic.jpg

Members online

Latest posts