Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts on Fernando Martinez?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
Used to be all the rage back in the day, but seems to have fallen off the radar/become VERY cheap. Does anyone have any hope for him or is he doomed in prospectors' eyes?

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
I'd say he was a product of the New York hype machine and ALA Lastings Milledge. Obviously both were talented, but tremendously overhyped. I don't think there is any money to be made on him.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
People are going to give you the cookie cutter response stating he's a bust. Then the equally-cookie cutter responses to that stating he's still to young to make that call.

This happens like twice a year.....for like the last....how many?

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
sheetskout said:
People are going to give you the cookie cutter response stating he's a bust. Then the equally-cookie cutter responses to that stating he's still to young to make that call.

This happens like twice a year.....for like the last....how many?
true, i just wanted to see a name besides jesus/trout/harper/strasburg. people said betances couldn't put it together + his stuff got way cheap (like fmart's) + then came back up quite nicely.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
He has talent, however he is injury prone. Should be interesting to watch. I wish him the best.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Even the man himself, Fernando Martinez, formerly known as Tselenow, has given up hope.

Caveat Emptor.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
i dont think he has become betances cheap. i believe last year you could of bought his chrome auto rc for 8 dollars or less. F-Mart still has a 30+ Chrome Auto.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
t3dudek said:
i dont think he has become betances cheap. i believe last year you could of bought his chrome auto rc for 8 dollars or less. F-Mart still has a 30+ Chrome Auto.
i just picked up an 07 bc fmart ref au bgs 9 10 (.5 from a bgs 9.5) for $30. that seemed very cheap to me, esp as the base raws have been getting 20ish lately.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts