Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Obligatory Charlie Sheen thread, actually baseball related

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I've gotten sucked into this Charlie Sheen meltdown thing because Howard Stern's been talking about him almost non-stop this week. But he's a huge baseball fan, as well as a nut job. So I heard he's got a twitter account going and I checked it out. Flipping through the posts, I come across this:
250650783.jpg

Does he have Ruth's 1927 World Series ring? Wow, that's awesome. If you look at the larger image, it is a Yankees ring, no indication of name or year I can see.

I guess that's something to save up for in a couple years when there's a big Sotheby's Sheen Collection auction.

Edit: found reports that he bought the ring for $250K 10 years ago. He also has the contract of Ruth's sale from the Red Sox to the Yankees. All that, plus the goddesses, Adonis DNA and Tigerblood. Nice life.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
He had some interesting stories to tell on Dan Patrick's show.

Everything from keeping Ted Williams '46 road jersey (at one time auctioned for $200K) in his dresser, to hanging with Lenny Dykstra, to the best story where he was in a private access tunnel at Dodgers stadium and Todd Zeile was in the hole. Charlie, who admitted he was wasted at the time, said he had "magic" in his hands and he put some of the "magic" on Todd Zeile's hand. Apparently Zeile inhaled the magic and when he got up to bat he smashed a homer. Charlie took full credit for that one.

http://www.danpatrick.com/

The videos of the interview seem edited but the podcast should have the full 2-part interview, for those interested.

"Charlie Sheen. Winning. DUH." -Charlie Sheen

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Good call. I can't find any listed recently, but I bet if someone was to throw one up on ebay with a silly BIN, it would get hit. Just make sure it requires immediate payment.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
He also wants to make Major League 3 and is pressing hard for it. He said the minor league movie doesn't count as a real movie :lol:

As long as they bring Dorn (Corbin Bernsen) back to PH and get beaned, I'm okay with it. :D

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
markakis8 said:
He also wants to make Major League 3 and is pressing hard for it. He said the minor league movie doesn't count as a real movie :lol:

As long as they bring Dorn (Corbin Bernsen) back to PH and get beaned, I'm okay with it. :D

They already made a Major League 3. It's very similar to Caddyshack 2.

209181.1020.A.jpg

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
jbhofmann said:
markakis8 said:

209181.1020.A.jpg

That movie doesn't really exist like Rocky V and Summer Catch.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Did you read what I wrote? It is bolded below. He doesn't consider the third film part of the franchise, hence why he wants to make "Major League 3"

jbhofmann said:
markakis8 said:

209181.1020.A.jpg

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
beefycheddar said:
jbhofmann said:
markakis8 said:

SUMMER CATCH does exist. I love that movie. Not sure why you dont.

insert swimming pool pic here

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
beefycheddar said:
jbhofmann said:
markakis8 said:

209181.1020.A.jpg

Rocky 5 was good.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
markakis8 said:
Did you read what I wrote? It is bolded below. He doesn't consider the third film part of the franchise, hence why he wants to make "Major League 3"

jbhofmann said:
markakis8 said:

209181.1020.A.jpg

WINNING

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
elmalo said:
beefycheddar said:
jbhofmann said:
markakis8 said:

209181.1020.A.jpg

Rocky 5 was good.

I thought we had hit limits before of how much I could disagree with you. I was wrong.

I am speechless.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
All In Cards said:
beefycheddar said:
jbhofmann said:
markakis8 said:

SUMMER CATCH does exist. I love that movie. Not sure why you dont.

insert swimming pool pic here

Gotta love Jessica Beal in that movie...

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Panini blog has a story on his Fans of Game auto...
sheen-fotg.jpg
Beckett Media currently values the card, which is limited to just 250 copies, at between $50 and $100, and that range was stable back when it appeared that Sheen was as well. Lately, though, it seems that collectors of that card — many of whom paid more than $120 for their copy back in 2004 – are giving it the collective cold shoulder.

“We haven’t tracked a single sale of that card since November, and that was for $55,” says Brian Fleischer, a Senior Market Analyst for Beckett Media. ”Our last confirmed sale prior to that was for $80 in 2008.”

Two sales in the last two years? That’s hard to fathom for the talented, outspoken actor who, admittedly, is not completely drug free just yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts