Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards of teams/players that you don't like...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
but are PC cards.
I'm certainly not a Yankee fan but I love these two cards and I don't think I would ever part with them.
I pulled them both nearly 10 years ago and I still smile every time I see them.

jeterclemensbase.jpg

mantle.jpg

What are yours and are there stories behind them?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
While not valuable, I've got these in my pc and I strongly dislike both (flat out hate Canseco, really). I've also got a handful of Sosa rookies.

301-udevolve-classics.png
301-topps.png

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
TBTwinsFan said:
chashawk said:
TBTwinsFan said:
Pulled a Starlin Castro Diamond 60th card, and a Chicago Cubs team one earlier...

I hate the Cubs...
that seems very odd as a Twins fan. I'd think you'd hate the Sox

Hate the Sox yes, hate the Cubs more.

I don't know why, I just do.

I have some exceptions, but still..
do you have a legit reason? I find that many Cubs haters do not

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
chashawk said:
TBTwinsFan said:
chashawk said:
TBTwinsFan said:
Pulled a Starlin Castro Diamond 60th card, and a Chicago Cubs team one earlier...

I hate the Cubs...

Nope. No legit reason whatsoever. Going to be honest about that.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
TBTwinsFan said:
chashawk said:
TBTwinsFan said:
chashawk said:
TBTwinsFan said:

I hate the Cubs...

as long as I live, I will never understand that. I actually know Cardinals and White Sox fans that spend
more time rooting against the Cubs than they do rooting for their team. There were actually White Sox
fans in 2003 that went out and bought Marlins jerseys and came to stand outside Wrigley during the NLCS.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
chashawk said:
TBTwinsFan said:
chashawk said:
TBTwinsFan said:
chashawk said:
[quote="TBTwinsFan":jeej3s26]Pulled a Starlin Castro Diamond 60th card, and a Chicago Cubs team one earlier...

I hate the Cubs...

as long as I live, I will never understand that. I actually know Cardinals and White Sox fans that spend
more time rooting against the Cubs than they do rooting for their team. There were actually White Sox
fans in 2003 that went out and bought Marlins jerseys and came to stand outside Wrigley during the NLCS.[/quote:jeej3s26]

I don't sit and watch Cubs games just loathing them with every cell in my body, but I don't care for them.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I grew up a Cubs fan and will always dislike the White Sox. It's just how it goes around here. But I really only go out of my way to hate on the Sox when they play each other.

As far as the Cardinals go, I always just thought of them as a division rival, until I lived in St. Louis for three years. Now I hate them.. and it's just because of their fans. I never heard the end of it down there... and yes you are right, in St. Louis their sports journalists have no problem being subjective on the TV news or in the St. Louis Post Dispatch talking sh*t about the Cubs. Not only is it poor journalism but it goes to show how lame they are.

Cubs fans in Chicago really don't think twice about the Cardinals unless they are playing each other, while in St. Louis it's like they have nothing better to do than to talk about the Cubs 24/7..... maybe it's because at least Chicago has another team to hate on that isn't five hours away.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
shayscards79 said:
I grew up a Cubs fan and will always dislike the White Sox. It's just how it goes around here. But I really only go out of my way to hate on the Sox when they play each other.

As far as the Cardinals go, I always just thought of them as a division rival, until I lived in St. Louis for three years. Now I hate them.. and it's just because of their fans. I never heard the end of it down there... and yes you are right, in St. Louis their sports journalists have no problem being subjective on the TV news or in the St. Louis Post Dispatch talking sh*t about the Cubs. Not only is it poor journalism but it goes to show how lame they are.

Cubs fans in Chicago really don't think twice about the Cardinals unless they are playing each other, while in St. Louis it's like they have nothing better to do than to talk about the Cubs 24/7..... maybe it's because at least Chicago has another team to hate on that isn't five hours away.
If you think the St.Louis fans are bad go to a Cubs game. I sat in the bleachers there when I was 7 and the idiot behind me kept takeing my Cardinals hat off and telling me the Cardinals suck then starts offering me 35 dollars and a Cubs hat if i threw my Cards hat in a trash can. Then after the Cardinals whooped the Cubs ass, my uncle who I was with had stuff thrown at him and almost got into a fight. When newspapers talk about the Cubs LaRussa makes it a point to make sure it don't happen again. If I was a Cub fan i would not admit it. Cub fans throw trash on the feild after games thats awesome.....NOT. GO CARDINALS

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
PujolsCollector said:
shayscards79 said:

If you think the St.Louis fans are bad go to a Cubs game. I sat in the bleachers there when I was 7 and the idiot behind me kept takeing my Cardinals hat off and telling me the Cardinals suck then starts offering me 35 dollars and a Cubs hat if i threw my Cards hat in a trash can. Then after the Cardinals whooped the Cubs ass, my uncle who I was with had stuff thrown at him and almost got into a fight. When newspapers talk about the Cubs LaRussa makes it a point to make sure it don't happen again. If I was a Cub fan i would not admit it. Cub fans throw trash on the feild after games thats awesome.....NOT. GO CARDINALS

I've been to enough Cubs games to know that there are plenty of belligerent a-hole Cubs fans, I won't argue with you there. But after I moved back here I had to re-evaluate my stance on the Cards. I mean, outside of games, the media and the fans here don't really think twice about them after the series is over and the media doesn't get in on any bashing.

My main beef is with the fact that Cardinals fans have nothing better to do but to bash the Cubs constantly like we care the same about the rivalry here. I've always come to find that most of the time the cards/cubs rivalry is pretty friendly compared to the Cubs/Sox rivalry here. It doesn't make sense because they play in different leagues, but believe me the hatred and fighting and bashing is much stronger between the two teams we have here. I'm sure if St. Louis has two teams, the attention would be turned away from the Cubs quite a bit.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Big Time CUBS fan here! i hate all teams in New Yuck! and the Cards make me PUKE! Cards fans are a bunch of whinners.Card fans should go 104 years without a WS title,then they could have something to whine about. until then they should all put a sox in it. wait until the loose Albert. then it will be
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
.then i will
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Members online

Latest posts