Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I have questions about Sam Fuld and Mark Melancon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Rather than make 2 threads I figured I would just ask them both here.

What do you guys think about Sam Fuld as an investment? His cards are still dirt cheap and could be a everyday outfielder now that Manny is gone. Is hitting .321 and has 5 SB's and has been a MONSTER in the outfield.

Also, what would it take for a middle reliever on the astros to have his cards spike at all? Mark Melancon is off to a good start with 5 innings, 4 hits, 0 runs, and 5k's. I know no one cares about him but me since I invested in him when he was in the running to take over after MO when he was on the Yankees. Does he have to not give up a run until august? lol

Thanks in advance guys!

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Melancon being close to Yankee price levels?

[youtube:1vyqbq9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RevcwSUnpxk[/youtube:1vyqbq9g]

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
beefycheddar said:

[youtube:1v3ia712]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RevcwSUnpxk[/youtube:1v3ia712]

I dont mean Yankee prices, just asking his bowman sterling auto's to hit $5-6, his bowman chrome auto's to $8, etc

just dont want to dump all my auto's at .99

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
I love Fuld, saw him many times with the Smokies, but he is not a player that will make you money on cards. He doesn't hit for power and he is older, not a good combination for trying to make money of his cards. Also not in a big market.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
numba1yankeefan said:
beefycheddar said:

[youtube:30gytw2s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RevcwSUnpxk[/youtube:30gytw2s]

I dont mean Yankee prices, just asking his bowman sterling auto's to hit $5-6, his bowman chrome auto's to $8, etc

The prices you want would be as high as a player with high upside like AJ ******* currently command. I just don't see it happening.

EDIT: Daniel Bard Sterlings sell for about 5-6 dollars now, they were a year before his chrome, he's in a huge market, and they sell for that.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
beefycheddar said:
numba1yankeefan said:
beefycheddar said:

[youtube:3kp8x387]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RevcwSUnpxk[/youtube:3kp8x387]

The prices you want would be as high as a player with high upside like AJ ******* currently command. I just don't see it happening.

EDIT: Daniel Bard Sterlings sell for about 5-6 dollars now, they were a year before his chrome, he's in a huge market, and they sell for that.

You are probably right, just upset I am going to have to dump them at such a loss. I am still holding out hoping something crazy happens.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Seems like there is a Fuld highlight on Sportscenter every day. Odds are he won't stay hot long enough for a major spike, but older guys do sometimes burst on the scenes and because the buy-in is so low, offer nice returns.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
Can only see a slight increase in Fuld's cards within the next week or so. Don't think he will continue his solid hitting. His better than Cycle day today may help, but his age is against him for collectors.

For Melancon I really can't see him having any type of value as a RP on a team with a poor market. Chalk it up as a poor crummy investment, like Michael McCardell ;)

As a relief pitcher if Jordan Walden's cards aren't going up, I can't see Melancon's cards moving.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Fuld is still pretty hot

[ebay:2lq85ajd]140532318495[/ebay:2lq85ajd]

Even his base autos are bringing $8-10

Always meant to collect more of him when he was a Cub, but never got around to it.

Picked up a few $2-3 autos off of COMC that I can hopefully flip when they arrive.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
numba1yankeefan said:
What do you guys think about Sam Fuld as an investment?
He turns 30 this year, so that will hold back his prices.
But he could see a big spike if he keeps making Sportscenter highlights.
Just don't hold too long.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Only been hanging on to this since 2003 (not by choice) :lol:

bj.jpg

Better get to listing...

fonda1119

Apr 5, 2010
I don't think it's outlandish to think Sam Fuld could have an Andres Torres type breakout year. What that will do to his cards I have no idea. Tampa is quite a different market than SF.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
He's showing that he can be a pretty good 4th outfielder but there isn't much star power there. He also has Desmond Jennings waiting in the wings at Durham to take his job.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
bigpapiMA32 said:
Boy do I love Sam Fuld!
[ebay:3p5alfwu]280659197477[/ebay:3p5alfwu]

The exact reason I never sell cards for less than $3.
that is absolutely INSANE! those were $1.99 two weeks ago

I just listed all 5 of my Fulds tonight

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
numba1yankeefan said:

What do you guys think about Sam Fuld as an investment? His cards are still dirt cheap and could be a everyday outfielder now that Manny is gone. Is hitting .321 and has 5 SB's and has been a MONSTER in the outfield.

Also, what would it take for a middle reliever on the astros to have his cards spike at all? Mark Melancon is off to a good start with 5 innings, 4 hits, 0 runs, and 5k's. I know no one cares about him but me since I invested in him when he was in the running to take over after MO when he was on the Yankees. Does he have to not give up a run until august? lol

Thanks in advance guys!
" What do you guys think about Sam Fuld as an investment "
WAYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOOOOO OLD

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
nosterbor said:
numba1yankeefan said:

Thanks in advance guys!
" What do you guys think about Sam Fuld as an investment "
WAYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOOOOO OLD

A lot of people would have said that and worse a few weeks ago when most of his cards were selling for 1/10th of current prices... :lol:

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
chashawk said:
bigpapiMA32 said:
Boy do I love Sam Fuld!
[ebay:hy65geqg]280659197477[/ebay:hy65geqg]

The exact reason I never sell cards for less than $3.
that is absolutely INSANE! those were $1.99 two weeks ago

I just listed all 5 of my Fulds tonight

Thanks, I agree that it's pretty insane. I was shocked to see it at $15 with a couple days left. Good luck with your sales.

Members online

Latest posts