Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Redemption Questions???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abt3509

May 4, 2010
I'm posting this under baseball as it is just a general question about redemption cards.

My LCS got in a few 2008 Bowman Sterling Football boxes because the price has dropped quite a bit. I opened one pack and got a Chris Johnson Gold Relic Auto RC redemption card as my auto (which is to be 1 per pack). The expiration date on the front of the card has already passed though. I called Topps this morning hoping to hear that they were still redeeming this card. I called customer service and all they told me was that if the expiration date has passed then the card is no longer valid. Therefore, I did not receive an auto as I was due one since they are seeded one per pack.

What are my options here? Has anyone else redeemed a card through Topps after the expiration date? If so, how did you go about do it? I'm sure I can make a claim that I didn't receive the auto I was due, but would probably just get a crap replacement card as they normally do.

Any suggestions, thoughts?

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
You are kinda up a creek.

While you were supposed to get that "hit" per pack, you also bought it knowing that redemptions were expired and that some of the Autos were redemptions. Even if you didnt know this...a simple Google search would have answered that.

Basically Topps gave you that "hit" and they would have honored that redemption had it not been past date. They have no legal obligation to you, so pursuading them to give you something is about all you can do.

abt3509

May 4, 2010
Yea, but it didn't even dawn on me to look up the expiration dates. Besides, it was a spur of the moment purchase and didn't have a chance to go home and look it up.

I don't see how they can claim that they gave me a "hit" as in all actuality I have nothing to show for it.

I'm not getting my hopes up that anything can be done, just wanted to know what other scholarly collectors thought or had experienced.

jumbojohnny said:
You are kinda up a creek.

While you were supposed to get that "hit" per pack, you also bought it knowing that redemptions were expired and that some of the Autos were redemptions. Even if you didnt know this...a simple Google search would have answered that.

Basically Topps gave you that "hit" and they would have honored that redemption had it not been past date. They have no legal obligation to you, so pursuading them to give you something is about all you can do.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Dont forget those claims of a "Hit per" are based on the time that the item goes live. In most occasions once the expiration date passes so to do those claims.

Members online

Latest posts