Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Neil Ramirez to stay in Triple AAA for the forseable future

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: Neil Ramirez promoted to Triple AAA

Bold move by the Rangers. Curious to get SamHell's input.

On an unrelated note, the passengers on the plane in your sig must be pretty pissed off by now.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008

I was a believer as well, and I'm happy to say I still have my stash. Also, rumblings are that this is just a spot start and he will be sent to Double AA after the game.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

soxrchamps07 said:
I was a believer as well, and I'm happy to say I still have my stash. Also, rumblings are that this is just a spot start and he will be sent to Double AA after the game.

Me too. Definitely seems bold especially after his inconsistency last year, but maybe he has turned a corner. He dominated his first start of the year.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
soxrchamps07 said:

Me too. Definitely seems bold especially after his inconsistency last year, but maybe he has turned a corner. He dominated his first start of the year.

It's not just how dominant he was in his first start of the year; there have been glowing reports about Ramirez from Spring Training, some to go as far to say he was one of the most impressive players in camp. He must have impressed upon the Rangers as well for them to show this much confidence in him.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008

So far so good.

2.0 IP 2H 0ER 0BB

No Ks, but he is generating a lot of swing and misses (6 allready)

jlyles

Jan 28, 2010

Lol, I bought the Bowman Sterling red refractor 1/1 for $12. I sold it on here for $20. He sold it on eBay for $75 (I'm pretty sure it was him). Now it's up again for $185.

I have good prospecting instincts, but I don't have the funds to hold cards like I'd like to.

Oh well.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008

6.0 IP 3H 5K 0BB 0R

Just struck out the side :mrgreen:. Only thrown 75 pitches so far.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas

Very surprised at him being promoted, even if it is a spot start. Up until tonight, he had only pitched one game above A ball. Like soxrchamps07 said, he was the talk of Rangers spring training. He is pitching very well so he might stay up at AAA, although I think him going to AA and taking somebody like Carlos Pimentel's spot is more likely. I think the promotion is a case of him pitching well in his first start combined with this being his regular day rather than any plan for the Rangers to put him on a fast track to reach Arlington this year. But if he pitches well and the Rangers needing a bullpen arm late in the season...who knows.

Edited to add.
Stash includes
Couple of AFLAC autos. Condition is tough on these.
Xfractor 9.5
5-EEE base autos
Several raw blues, xfractors and refractors.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008

SamHell said:
Very surprised at him being promoted, even if it is a spot start. Up until tonight, he had only pitched one game above A ball. Like soxrchamps07 said, he was the talk of Rangers spring training. He is pitching very well so he might stay up at AAA, although I think him going to AA and taking somebody like Carlos Pimentel's spot is more likely. I think the promotion is a case of him pitching well in his first start combined with this being his regular day rather than any plan for the Rangers to put him on a fast track to reach Arlington this year. But if he pitches well and the Rangers needing a bullpen arm late in the season...who knows.

Edited to add.
Stash includes
Couple of AFLAC autos. Condition is tough on these.
Xfractor 9.5
5-EEE base autos
Several raw blues, xfractors and refractors.

Couldn't have said it better my self. Also, Ramirez is done.

Final Line: 6.0 IP 3H 5K 0BB 0ER 75 Pitches

And not to one up you or anything but heres my stash:

21 Elites
3 blue /100 and /50 autos
2 BGS 9.5 elites
1 gold refractor
2 AFLAC autos

All aboard. :D
TDQPpzG_uCYjPnyQfghAz_Rd8QQQ8zFh1Eu-xDXWNKcaHmQjpF.jpg

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas

soxrchamps07 said:
And not to one up you or anything but heres my stash:

21 Elites
3 blue /100 and /50 autos
2 BGS 9.5 elites
1 gold refractor
2 AFLAC autos

All aboard. :D
TDQPpzG_uCYjPnyQfghAz_Rd8QQQ8zFh1Eu-xDXWNKcaHmQjpF.jpg

:lol: Impressive stash. My stash inventory was for disclosure/conflict of interest purposes only.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

Nice. Glad he had a great start, he's looking great so far this year. It will be interesting to see where he goes from here.

Members online

Latest posts