Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FYI - Dustin Ackley Signing habits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Not complaining, just sharing my experience so people know what to expect. Might have an impact on how far you are willing to drive, etc.

I went to the Rivercats vs. Rainiers game last weekend. Overall the attendance was down and we were literally the only two people seeking any kind of autographs. He stayed far from the rail and avoided the stands. When the guy I was standing next to, asked for his autograph, he said "after the game". When the game was over, he grabbed his gear and walked out of the other end of the dugout and through the middle of the infield. They won the game 4-2 in the ninth. It was a great game to watch. Overall we had a great time and managed to get about five other Rainiers on a team ball I'm working on. Unfortunately no autograph love from Ackley though. I guess I won't complete the team ball after all since it's an hour each way to Railey field.

Enjoy!
Tom

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Tom Oates said:
Not complaining, just sharing my experience so people know what to expect. Might have an impact on how far you are willing to drive, etc.

I went to the Rivercats vs. Rainiers game last weekend. Overall the attendance was down and we were literally the only two people seeking any kind of autographs. He stayed far from the rail and avoided the stands. When the guy I was standing next to, asked for his autograph, he said "after the game". When the game was over, he grabbed his gear and walked out of the other end of the dugout and through the middle of the infield. They won the game 4-2 in the ninth. It was a great game to watch. Overall we had a great time and managed to get about five other Rainiers on a team ball I'm working on. Unfortunately no autograph love from Ackley though. I guess I won't complete the team ball after all since it's an hour each way to Railey field.

Enjoy!
Tom

He is fairly good TTM. I wouldn't recommend sending the ball, but that's what I know.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
After the game..wait outside the clubhouse..where they either leave to their or get on the bus. That's usually the easiest way to get autographs...as long as you know what the player looks like.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
The only time I ever sent a ball to a ST player was too Ackley and got it back in two weeks.

It was personalized, not on the SS, but I was beyond happy.

he's one of the good ones, try again Tom

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Lancemountain said:
The only time I ever sent a ball to a ST player was too Ackley and got it back in two weeks.

It was personalized, not on the SS, but I was beyond happy.

he's one of the good ones, try again Tom

Maybe I'll try a week night when the crowds are even smaller? or better yet, Reno where the ballpark is tiny and the crowds are even smaller...

Tom

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
he was really cool in AA last year. my sharpie crapped out on me, and he signed like 5 cards trying to get it to work. We both were laughing about it. He then signed a BA for me. I asked for the personalization. Seemed like a very nice guy, kind of quiet

Members online

Latest posts