Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

retail auto in hobby box of 2010 BDP???????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I got this lame sticker auto as the auto hit in a 2010 BDP hobby box. Isn't this just a retail hit?? I can't find the right checklist online. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

placechrauns.jpg

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Wow really! You hated so much you had to post it twice? :twisted:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=130621 :D
bmp1971 said:
Can someone fill me in here: In my last hobby box tonight I hit what I thought was an auto made only for retail:

placeretaubdp.jpg

I also hit a USA chrome auto of Zach Green, and this Place sticker auto, which I had already hit one of in a retail box. Has anyone else hit one of these in a hobby box?

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
cmnkb8 said:
Yeah, that's supposed to be retail exclusive. I'd call Topps about it to see if they can exchange it for a Chrome auto (don't expect anyone good in return though).

How do you know it's retail exclusive? Do you have a link to a checklist?

It seems so odd to get one in a hobby box if that is the case.

A_Pharis

I think those sticker autos were a lot like SOTF autos in past years. So yeah, shouldn't have been one in a hobby box. BMP, seriously, I'll be surprised to ever see you get through an entire break without something being wrong. Kinda like that other guy and his eBay issues.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
A_Pharis said:
I think those sticker autos were a lot like SOTF autos in past years. So yeah, shouldn't have been one in a hobby box. BMP, seriously, I'll be surprised to ever see you get through an entire break without something being wrong. Kinda like that other guy and his eBay issues.
Now you did it, you said what everyone is thinking and now you will pay for it. Prepare for a 10 page thread of insults :p

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Rickzcards said:
A_Pharis said:
Now you did it, you said what everyone is thinking and now you will pay for it. Prepare for a 10 page thread of insults :p
broken-record.jpg

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
A_Pharis said:
Man i gotta say - i am not trying to be nasty in any way shape or form but op reminds me of Pigpen from Peanuts (not smelly or dirty but having a force field around him for weird box breaking luck) BUT his luck alot of times seems pretty good, so this isn't saying just bad things happen just some odd stuff pretty often. Nice pull on that Trout X. :)

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Just trying to find out if these are supposed to be retail only autos. If anyone can post a link to show that, it would be helpful. Thanks.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
bmp1971 said:
Just trying to find out if these are supposed to be retail only autos. If anyone can post a link to show that, it would be helpful. Thanks.
I am pretty sure like you and everyone that has posted its most likely retail only and is a mistake. Atleast its a second auto. If replaced the chrome auto you get most likely be worth your time but then again ya never know.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
bmp1971 said:

they are retail only. believe it.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
vwnut13 said:
bmp1971 said:

Ya well maybe someone opened your box, put in a retail auto and resealed. :shock:

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Krom said:
vwnut13 said:
bmp1971 said:

Ya well maybe someone opened your box, put in a retail auto and resealed. :shock:

Good point. Should I hire a lawyer?

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
vwnut13 said:
bmp1971 said:

do you have a link? i've never seen them insert a retail hit in a hobby box, so i'm not entirely sure what's going on here. at least i have the break on video if they doubt me...

also, the usa autos are the "extra" autos in each case. there is never a box with a usa auto as the main auto hit in the hobby box. i think, like BC, there are roughly 2 usa extras per case, but i could be mistaken on the BDP.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
bmp1971 said:
Krom said:
vwnut13 said:
bmp1971 said:

Good point. Should I hire a lawyer?

Yes hire a lawyer. There is one on the boards. Bob Loblaw.
Here is the sell sheet. http://www.blowoutcards.com/images/ss/2010bwdraftBB.pdf
Here is the checklist http://www.blowoutcards.com/images/base ... raftBB.xls

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I was told this is a retail-only auto, yet they are popping up in cases. One guy hit a retail auto in every hobby box he got in a case, I just found out from a member on here. It's a production error. I guess it's not as bad an error as the case the one guy got with 135 unsigned Fukodome ref "autos"? :lol:

Members online

Latest posts