Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MIA: Roy Oswalt.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Im more concerned that Ibanez is still in the line up, like 15 LOB last night! Ryan Howard can't do it all.

Kevin

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
schmidtfan20 said:
Im more concerned that Ibanez is still in the line up, like 15 LOB last night! Ryan Howard can't do it all.

Kevin
What is that you say? I thought Ryan Howard could do it all according to you his biggest homer :p

But seriously, hope everything is ok with Oswalt.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Jeff N. said:
Reports are that a tornado may have hit Oswalts hometown of Choctaw County, Miss.
Being the resident Oswalt expert I can chime in. His hometown family house was demolished, I think last year, by a tornado. His NLCS MVP was destroyed along with other possessions. He was back in the lineup without missing a start. He is a very devoted family man, and his main argument for not renewing his contract after 2012 is because of family (missing time with his kids).
That was an odd start last night, I knew something must have been up. I hope it's not a back injury. The man has his priorities straight though. Baseball is baseball but family is everything.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
The Phillies issue the following statement regarding Roy Oswalt’s decision to leave the team for personal reasons:

“There has been a tremendous amount of tornado activity near Roy’s home in Mississippi resulting in several tragic deaths and significant devastation to the area. Because of this, Roy is concerned about his family’s well-being. He has chosen to take time to make sure there wasn’t significant damage to his home, but more importantly, to make certain that his wife and children are okay.

It is almost a year to the day that his parents’ home was destroyed by a tornado which has heightened his concern about the current situation.

We are hopeful that he will rejoin the team for his next start, but will take that day by day.”

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
That might have been one of the worst starts I've ever seen from him. I would like to think he had his mind elsewhere, resulting in a poor performance.

Members online

Latest posts