Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Highs and lows of yesterdays card show

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Went to a small local card show yesterday hoping to pick up some Posada gypsy queen singles. However, no one had opened any of the product. So, I bought this instead for a Benjamin:

/30
Jeterauto.jpg

I've been looking for a nice single on-card auto of Jeter and I finally found one at a price I was happy with. Definitely the high point of the trip.

However, I also had an itch to break some wax. I can probably stop here as you all know where this is heading...Gypsy queen boxes were $135-$140 so I decided to pass on those. The dealer did have one box of 09 topps unique for $95, and I've seen some really nice cards from the product so after I got him down to $90 plus a pack of heritage I decided to try it. I got a Miguel Cabrera SP in the heritage and I should have stopped there :evil: These are my "hits" from the box

unique.jpg

Possibly my worst break ever. I would have even been happy hitting the Giambi patch as it would have been PC, but Topps couldn't even get that right. However, the Jeter pick-up softened the blow a little....but just a little :lol:

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
thefatguy said:
Nice Jeets....should have bought 2 ::facepalm:: :lol:

If there were two, I would have bought a second :lol: The only other thing I was actually considering buying at the show was an 01 UD Hall of Fame Nolan Ryan Auto/Jersey for $75. Should have bought that instead.

Members online

Latest posts