Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bye bye Dice-K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
He helped win the World Series in '07. The $$ spent on him was made back and then some marketing him in Japan and US. It was a sometimes frustrating but fun ride with him in Boston. Ja`mata Dice K!(I think that's 'see you later').

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
coltsnsox07 said:
He helped win the World Series in '07. The $$ spent on him was made back and then some marketing him in Japan and US. It was a sometimes frustrating but fun ride with him in Boston. Ja`mata Dice K!(I think that's 'see you later').

Fair enough and agreed. It was the Jekyll and Hyde pitching that drove me crazy. The Ace in one game and the joker in the next. You just could not count on him anymore.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Rough day for Boston sports. The Bruins lose, the Sox get swept, **** K goes down, Rich Hill gets injured and Shaq retires.
Good grief.
Next we'll hear that Fisk's HR went foul.....

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
coltsnsox07 said:
The $$ spent on him was made back and then some marketing him in Japan and US.
Not sure they made quite that much from him. They paid an absolutely ridiculous posting fee. Here's hoping Yu Darvish never comes stateside at the cost it would probably take.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I live in Japan and can assure you that they sold TONS of Matsuzaka Red Sox merchandise over here. You would never see Boston stuff here 10 years ago, but now its not uncommon because of him.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Big Mac McGwire said:
I wonder how many posts their were like this when

Chris Carpenter
Josh Johnson
Tim Hudson
Francisco Liriano

all had TJ

Nevermind, i remember last year when Stephen went down for the count.

But yea, he is probably done anyway

Agreed when you talk about the degree of injury, but in this case, no one around here actually expects Matsuzaka to want to return to the US. He'll be able to pitch again, but I imagine he'll remain in Japan.

I'm still glad the Sox made the move, even though the move didn't work out as well as the planned. I think that just by showing that financial commitment to overseas players, they have become more attractive to future international free agents.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
D-Lite said:
coltsnsox07 said:
Not sure they made quite that much from him. They paid an absolutely ridiculous posting fee. Here's hoping Yu Darvish never comes stateside at the cost it would probably take.

This is always the most pointless argument. I don't know if they made $100MM or whatever in marketing and even if they did, who cares? It's not your investment. It's also the only time I've ever heard fans defend a signing because it might have made the owner some money in other ways.

Daisuke was a bust. It happens. Theo swings and misses on a huge number of FA signings. It happens.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
braden said:
D-Lite said:
coltsnsox07 said:

This is always the most pointless argument. I don't know if they made $100MM or whatever in marketing and even if they did, who cares? It's not your investment. It's also the only time I've ever heard fans defend a signing because it might have made the owner some money in other ways.

Daisuke was a bust. It happens. Theo swings and misses on a huge number of FA signings. It happens.
Yankee fans will hop on this, like myself, because they get it just as much and probably more for any bust they get. It's just nice to see SuperBoy Theo screw up as often as he does. Just like Cashman, $$$$$$ allows you to take enough shots on goal that some work out.

Members online

Latest posts