Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gold Label Slab Fun - lotsa scans - Razor, Draft, Elite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Just a sampling of some stuff I've received back recently from the folks in Dallas.

ArrietaChrome95.jpg
BeavanAFLACAUBGS95.jpg
BeckhamChromeDraftAutoBGS952.jpg
BeckhamChromeDraftAutoBGS95.jpg
BeckhamRefractorAUBGS95.jpg
BruceXfractor95.jpg
Cecil95.jpg
ChisenhallRefractorBGS95AU2.jpg
CollierChromeDraftAutoBGS95.jpg
GallowayRefractorBGS95.jpg
HandXfractorAUBGS95.jpg
HavensExclusive95.jpg
HewittChromeDraftAutoBGS95.jpg
Heyward95x4.jpg
HeywardRefBGS95.jpg
CollierRefBGS95Au.jpg
CooperRazorAutoBGS95.jpg
DavisChromeDraftBGS95.jpg
HollandChromeDraftAutoBGS95.jpg
HollandRefractorBGS95AU2.jpg
HollandRefractorBGS95AU.jpg
KellyRazorExclusiveAutoBGS95.jpg
Laporta95x2.jpg
LaportaBlue95.jpg
MartinezXfractor95.jpg
MonteroRefBGS951.jpg
MonteroRefBGS952.jpg
MooseRefBGS95.jpg
NietoEliteAUBGS95.jpg
NietoEliteAUBGS95.jpg
NietoEliteAUBGS95.jpg
PorcelloXfractorBGS95.jpg
ReddickChromeDraftBGS951.jpg
ReddickChromeDraftBGS952.jpg

Enjoy!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wonder why the David Cooper Razor's autograph graded 9. Doesn't look to me as if his sig went outside the box.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Is that really how Beckett grades an auto? If so, that is stupid...they are stupid.

But, congrats on the 9.5 of the 2 Razor's...from all the discussion...those should see a nice premium.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Adamsince1981 said:
Is that really how Beckett grades an auto? If so, that is stupid...they are stupid.

But, congrats on the 9.5 of the 2 Razor's...from all the discussion...those should see a nice premium.

I agree. It's not like they are trapped autos and part gets cut off. Very dumb.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ru4scuba said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Jaypers said:
Wonder why the David Cooper Razor's autograph graded 9. Doesn't look to me as if his sig went outside the box.

it's touching the border line

I see a huge ink gap in the D. Are you sure that isn't why it got a 9?

The ink fades a bit, but I wouldn't call it a gap.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
The auto leaving the box would NOT cause it to get a 9, as BGS only counts off if the auto leaves the card itself or leaves the sticker if it is a sticker auto.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
Jaypers said:
ru4scuba said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Jaypers said:

it's touching the border line

I see a huge ink gap in the D. Are you sure that isn't why it got a 9?

The ink fades a bit, but I wouldn't call it a gap.

I'm looking at the outside curve of the D. You can see a streak of white in the middle of curve. It may not be there and my monitor is the issue.....

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I'll try to look at the cooper more closely at home, see what is up. I was happy getting a few 9.5s but just wish they'd been of the better guys.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
If Beckett isn't counting off for the bottom of the auto touching the bottom of the autograph area...then why else would it get a 9?

There is no reason it should've got a 9...PERIOD.

Every time I think about trying grading again and getting some slabbage...I see something silly like that.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
Adamsince1981 said:
If Beckett isn't counting off for the bottom of the auto touching the bottom of the autograph area...then why else would it get a 9?

Every time I think about trying grading again and getting some slabbage...I see something silly like that.

If there is in fact an ink gap, as many of my Razor autos have, it deserves a 9.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
ru4scuba said:
Adamsince1981 said:

If there is in fact an ink gap, as many of my Razor autos have, it deserves a 9.

Do you mean a gap in his name where a letter isn't connected or do you mean where there is a variation in pressure and the ink is slightly lighter?

Either way...I've seen far worse autographs get a 10 and the one in this thread doesn't deserve a 9.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts