Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

B. Harper: "I couldn't care less what people say about me"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98Whitesteed

Dec 26, 2010
Re: Bryce Harper: "I could care less what people say about me"

Thats the exact attitude he needs to have. You can already see the hatred some people have for this kid, he needs to be able to tune it out and not worry about pleasing everyone. Go out, hit 40hrs a year and you will have plenty of fans.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

98Whitesteed said:
Thats the exact attitude he needs to have. You can already see the hatred some people have for this kid, he needs to be able to tune it out and not worry about pleasing everyone. Go out, hit 40hrs a year and you will have plenty of fans.

Damn right.

Sincerely,
Albert Belle

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma

uniquebaseballcards said:
98Whitesteed said:

Damn right.

Sincerely,
Albert Belle

lol

G

Double post

G

I couldn't care less

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008

98Whitesteed said:

Exactly. Thanked.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008

Be careful with the "I don't care about what people think" attitude.

Sincerely,
LeBron James

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL

mwashuc06 said:
Not trying to rip the guy but the fans are going to be the ones paying his Salary...

I feel this statement lacks sincerity.

Annnyway, the following statements from Harper are the much more important and telling than the headline...

"It's fun every single day and I love it," "Baseball is my life. I love the game."

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009

Why is it that people complain that athletes always talk in cliches and they're not sincere but then when they actually speak their mind they get ripped for it?

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

This guy is a deusche bag. No I am not saying this because he has not signed for me numerous times, it's way he carries himself. Here on FCB there is a certain degree of animosity towards him because haters 'gone hate. People love to hate the best. But what I don't understand is why Harper thread after Harper thread a shitload of people on here try to justify his actions and stick up for him. Of course I feel bad for him that he is stalked by autograph hounds and put under a microscope by the media... I wouldn't want to deal with that crap. But saying **** like "I don't care what people think about me" and blowing kisses at opposing players and starting bench clearing brawls is down right un classy. If a player like Cole Leonida was doing this everyone would be ripping him apart and saying "who does this guy think he is." Just because Harper was on the cover of SI and graduated HS a year early his actions should be vindicated? If he continues going down this path he's going to have a hell of a time making friends in the big leagues. His fellow teammates don't like him and today he was booed by fans as he drove away mocking them by honking the horn in his obnoxiously big pickup truck. He then almost killed my mom driving out of the parking lot.. dumb ass. He even had employees and his daddy carry out his equipment to his truck. I hate to be the guy who wishes someone the worst with their career but that is honestly how I feel.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago

Of course he doesn't care what people think of him. Just look at his stache.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009

kdailey4315 said:
Why is it that people complain that athletes always talk in cliches and they're not sincere but then when they actually speak their mind they get ripped for it?

"I could care less what people say about me" is one of the clichés of all sports. Hundreds of athletes have stated it, practically verbatim. All the yip-yapping in this thread shows why.

I bet if Harper had instead said "We're going to take the season one game at a time", half the posters in this thread would have claimed proof that he approaches the game the right way, while the other half would have said he doesn't care about winning the championship.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010

Brett Keith said:
mwashuc06 said:
Not trying to rip the guy but the fans are going to be the ones paying his Salary...

I feel this statement lacks sincerity.

Annnyway, the following statements from Harper are the much more important and telling than the headline...

"It's fun every single day and I love it," "Baseball is my life. I love the game."

Bingo-hard to see any sincerity in the OP bringing this up when he has been against Harper from day 1.

The OP is part of the cult that will stop at nothing to try and bring this kid down-and it's kind of sad to be honest. As Brett Keith mentions, there are other quotes in this article that are just as important. But, the OP has a pretty obvious agenda, and it's obviously anti-Harper.

And all of the haters on here would probably say the same thing, if they lived a week in his shoes. But, that doesn't matter-let's just tack on another 15 yards for piling on. And no, I have no interest in Harper succeeding, and own nothing of his-it'd just be nice to see some people get off his fracking back.

To the OP-so what happens when Machado says the same thing? Then what?

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009

What do you guys expect from an 18 year old who has the world in the palm of his hand? If I was in his shoes I would be an arrogant meat head too. He is still young and has a lot to learn. Not saying what he is doing is right, but I can see why it happens.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009

Dont you people ever get sick of talking about Harper?

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008

goblue6919 said:
Doesn't surprise me one bit.

This guy is a deusche bag. No I am not saying this because he has not signed for me numerous times, it's way he carries himself. Here on FCB there is a certain degree of animosity towards him because haters 'gone hate. People love to hate the best. But what I don't understand is why Harper thread after Harper thread a quit swearing of people on here try to justify his actions and stick up for him. Of course I feel bad for him that he is stalked by autograph hounds and put under a microscope by the media... I wouldn't want to deal with that crap. But saying shat like "I don't care what people think about me" and blowing kisses at opposing players and starting bench clearing brawls is down right un classy. If a player like Cole Leonida was doing this everyone would be ripping him apart and saying "who does this guy think he is." Just because Harper was on the cover of SI and graduated HS a year early his actions should be vindicated? If he continues going down this path he's going to have a hell of a time making friends in the big leagues. His fellow teammates don't like him and today he was booed by fans as he drove away mocking them by honking the horn in his obnoxiously big pickup truck. He then almost killed my mom driving out of the parking lot.. dumb ass. He even had employees and his daddy carry out his equipment to his truck. I hate to be the guy who wishes someone the worst with their career but that is honestly how I feel.

Seriously?

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL

Crewfan82 said:
What do you guys expect from an 18 year old who has the world in the palm of his hand? If I was in his shoes I would be an arrogant meat head too. He is still young and has a lot to learn. Not saying what he is doing is right, but I can see why it happens.

I think I'm a pretty good person and was even when I was 18, but I never had to deal with what Harper has and I can almost promise I'd have done some things even more obnoxious than he has; some things I would have done better. If anybody can claim different, you're a freak.

Members online

Latest posts