Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hardy/Orioles 3-year deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
As a life long O's fan it seems so wrong to be really excited about signing a .275 hitter. I guess thats the state we're in.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
Doesn't that make the Machado call-up seem less likely??? I think JJ is a great addition to the team, but the last time I saw Machado play, he looks pretty good too. Interesting...

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
bigalbert said:
As a life long O's fan it seems so wrong to be really excited about signing a .275 hitter. I guess thats the state we're in.

I don't want to be the one to point this out, but you might want to look up Ripken's lifetime BA.

I love JJ and I love Ripken.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
Besides, where we are really suffering is in the pitching and the injuries. Our pitchers are getting torn up. Offense actually looks pretty good.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
sportscardfanatic said:
Doesn't that make the Machado call-up seem less likely??? I think JJ is a great addition to the team, but the last time I saw Machado play, he looks pretty good too. Interesting...
No.
We weren't going to see him any time soon.
He'll be ready in 2 years and regardless if JJ is still around we'll see Manny's greatness.

Aug 13, 2008
Countdown to Hardy's blown out knee in 10 ... 9 ... 8

j/k - good signing for the Orioles, was upset that the Twins didn't keep him. Hopefully he'll be around for that 3rd year.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
This signing doesn't make any sense to me. ::facepalm::

Yes, he's having a good year, but it's been two+ years since we could say that and they have two possible replacements in the minors....

At least make him show he can do it for a longer time sample. :?

Members online

Latest posts