Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you start buying Montero if he isn't traded tomorrow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
This is interesting, I sold off my ref but I kept one chrome. His stuff is down, think its a great time to buy him provided he isn't traded tomorrow?

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I know Kuroda won't be traded by the Dodgers, but I did find it interesting that they were asking for Nova and either Romine or Montero. The Yankees declined, but I did think it was funny his name was brought up for a guy like Kuroda.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I tried saying a few days ago he wouldn't be dealt-there isn't a big enough piece out there for him to be dealt. And, according to Ken Rosenthal, the Yanks told the Rockies they wouldn't deal any of Montero/Betances/Banuelos/Nova for Ubaldo-which was a bit shocking.

But what I don't think people realize is that if he's dealt somewhere and plays, that could help out his stuff too. It's not just NY or bust, in my opinion.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
I would'nt invest into too many prospects these days, but Montero is one I would (assuming he does'nt get traded).

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
hail2thevictors said:
I tried saying a few days ago he wouldn't be dealt-there isn't a big enough piece out there for him to be dealt. And, according to Ken Rosenthal, the Yanks told the Rockies they wouldn't deal any of Montero/Betances/Banuelos/Nova for Ubaldo-which was a bit shocking.

But what I don't think people realize is that if he's dealt somewhere and plays, that could help out his stuff too. It's not just NY or bust, in my opinion.

Those are a couple of REALLY nice cards in your signature :D

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
Guess What!!!! No trade...The Yankees really really really need a catcher..to replace Posada..

Right now..Montero is 22 years old..hitting .283...w/ 10 BOMBS!!!!!!

Kid is still young!!! BUY NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Prices are low!!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
jlvjr16 said:
Guess What!!!! No trade...The Yankees really really really need a catcher..to replace Posada..

Montero is 21. Posada doesnt catch anymore.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
vwnut13 said:
jlvjr16 said:

Montero is 21. Posada doesnt catch anymore.

Posada has'nt caught once this year. Funny cause people on this site keep saying Montero needs to replace Posada even though Posada doesnt catch anmore.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
notjomommasclint said:
If you want tonvest in montero just send me your Paypal and I will send you back 38% in 18 months regardless of where he is playing. The big money has been made. To late to late shall be the cry when the man with the deals has passed you by.

I would have to agree.

First off, the buy in is big for Montero. Second, the ROI should be much better on other guys. I'd say there are much better guys to go after right now.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
hail2thevictors said:
notjomommasclint said:
If you want tonvest in montero just send me your Paypal and I will send you back 38% in 18 months regardless of where he is playing. The big money has been made. To late to late shall be the cry when the man with the deals has passed you by.

I would have to agree.

First off, the buy in is big for Montero. Second, the ROI should be much better on other guys. I'd say there are much better guys to go after right now.

I disagree. Sure, Montero's buy in is higher but so is the ceiling of his cards, especially if he stays in NY. I would agree with you at $90/Chrome, but the recent decline has provided a nice area for people to buy in. There's significant upside at current price points.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
coltsfan23 said:
hail2thevictors said:
notjomommasclint said:

I would have to agree.

I disagree. Sure, Montero's buy in is higher but so is the ceiling of his cards, especially if he stays in NY. I would agree with you at $90/Chrome, but the recent decline has provided a nice area for people to buy in. There's significant upside at current price points.

Dude!!! the last Montero Chrome Auto went for $45....do some research before you start typing with your painted pink nails ;)
Oh yea ....also...stop lookin at Beckett's Price guide... :lol:

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
jlvjr16 said:
coltsfan23 said:
hail2thevictors said:
notjomommasclint said:

I would have to agree.

Dude!!! the last Montero Chrome Auto went for $45....do some research before you start typing with your painted pink nails ;)
Oh yea ....also...stop lookin at Beckett's Price guide... :lol:
Learn how to read, hes saying Montero wasn't a good buy when his Chromes were(past tense) at 90$, but now that they've dropped, they're good purchases.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I was in early enough so my concern isn't the cards at this point. My concern is winning games in the Bronx and who can contribute. Fan first, and as a diehard Yankee fan, I think Montero in the lineup is nothing but a big plus now and going forward. Sure it'll be nice to make some cash on the stash, but I'll be more than pleased if he remains a Yankee. And if he's not dealt today, calling him up is possible since the non-started clock becomes a non-issue in terms of trade value.

there are two reasons cards spike projection or production... projection was what pushed his cards upwards of $100. its going to take more production than .280 and 10 to bring it back. just like the time to buy... the time to flip was earlier now in my opinion even at $45 you are buying a loser or even gain. unless you are buying to cost average in which case you are going to get smoked... based solely on return... as far as a true collecting standpoint if you are a yankee fan or a jesus fan and you need the card there is no point better to buy than the lowest number you see.

Members online

Latest posts