Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tri City Football Break: Stay the F&#* away from it!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joelmcook

Aug 1, 2009
Omaha, Nebraska
Okay when I first read the product sell sheet I thought that this product could be decent. I figured some company was trying to compete with Leaf and this competition could make both products better. Lord was I wrong I think this could of been the biggest waste of money. My initial reaction was to punch the closest thing to me in the nose, which happened to be a jewish lawyer (alabamalongsnake). I am pretty sure the best card I got was an Early Doucet Refractor or maybe my case hit, NEIL "F$%^&*N" EVERETT print plate. In the end this product is terrible. I do not post very much but I feel this product is that bad. As a shop owner I cannot even bare to sell this to my customers. Even the packaging looks crappy. Not one good thing about this product, but here are the scans.

Please comment if you think otherwise
scan0013-1.jpg

scan0012-1.jpg

joelmcook

Aug 1, 2009
Omaha, Nebraska
I think it was only fair to post on their forum which they deleted. I mean in this fragile industry you cannot put products on the shelf that are potentially this bad.

TiajuanaDonkey

Jan 19, 2010
joelmcook said:
I think it was only fair to post on their forum which they deleted. I mean in this fragile industry you cannot put products on the shelf that are potentially this bad.

Why not...others do...the only difference between this product and others is you get cards that are all in the same set in other boxes...this one was a just grab bag full of crap. Either way, all products kick you in the junk. How many boxes have you opened where your bigest hit would cover the price of 1 or 2 packs from that box??? More often than not. Same **** different product.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
pretty sure a 5 dollar blaster the wife got me in Jersey that came with a random topps team set was better...and I think those are put together by some nickle and dime entrepreneur

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Tri City Football Break: Stay the F&#* away from it!

Never heard of the stuff.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If they're the same as the Tri Star baseball boxes, I fell for their scam. I got a bunch of damaged 80s cards and a few 90s in good shape. The hits between the three boxes were a Dusty Baker and some Expos guy I can't remember....80s base cards signed with ballpoint pens, not even real product autos, and a George Lombard minor league auto worth less than the paper it was on.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
joelmcook said:
Okay when I first read the product sell sheet I thought that this product could be decent. I figured some company was trying to compete with Leaf and this competition could make both products better. Lord was I wrong I think this could of been the biggest waste of money. My initial reaction was to punch the closest thing to me in the nose, which happened to be a jewish lawyer (alabamalongsnake). I am pretty sure the best card I got was an Early Doucet Refractor or maybe my case hit, NEIL "F$%^&*N" EVERETT print plate. In the end this product is terrible. I do not post very much but I feel this product is that bad. As a shop owner I cannot even bare to sell this to my customers. Even the packaging looks crappy. Not one good thing about this product, but here are the scans.

glad you didn't hit your Jewish lawyer in the face. although had that happened I'm sure a Judge would have awarded me a nice collection of Football Chrome Red Refractors and Wayne Gretzky autos.

I nearly pissed myself when I saw how bad the first box was and concur that it ranks up there as a scam of which Bernie Madoff could only be proud. PT Barnum, the great circus promoter, got it right when he said "a sucker is born every minute".

What got me was they inserted a card commemorating one of the worst pieces of legislation in recent history in the NAFTA card. That's almost the biggest F U and "you been had" indicator.

I offered to split a box with you guys and surprisingly you declined. I'm always going to be leery of these grab pack products and cut products going forward.

TiajuanaDonkey

Jan 19, 2010
not sure if it's the same product exactly...but another member pulled a Miles Austin Game Used glove in the Box Break forums.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
KingTrojan43 said:
not sure if it's the same product exactly...but another member pulled a Miles Austin Game Used glove in the Box Break forums.

I'm sure Joel will be happy to sell them to you for a good price if you want to try and pull a Miles Austin Game Used Glove. :( :(

TiajuanaDonkey

Jan 19, 2010
alabamalongsnake said:
KingTrojan43 said:

I'm sure Joel will be happy to sell them to you for a good price if you want to try and pull a Miles Austin Game Used Glove. :( :(

heck no...I'm not opening that stuff...I'm barely collecting anymore....I've been kicked in the junk 1 too many times and haven't busted wax in over a year...if I started again...this would be the last product I pick.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
KingTrojan43 said:
alabamalongsnake said:
KingTrojan43 said:

heck no...I'm not opening that stuff...I'm barely collecting anymore....I've been kicked in the junk 1 too many times and haven't busted wax in over a year...if I started again...this would be the last product I pick.

If I sent you a pack of Topps, would you open it?

TiajuanaDonkey

Jan 19, 2010
seahawks4ever said:
KingTrojan43 said:
alabamalongsnake said:
KingTrojan43 said:

If I sent you a pack of Topps, would you open it?

you are evil sir... :lol: and yes...I would...but I'm not paying for anything. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts