Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Donating Cards Question--Picture Added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

descott77

Dec 4, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
I have tons of base/inserts that am looking to donate/give away...where is the best place to do so? I am moving and do not want to take all these with me...there is literally thousands of cards (various years throughout the 90s/00s)...i also do not have the time to take out big name players and sell player lots so it isnt all "junk"

looking for suggestions (or if someone wants them and is willing to pay shipping the cards are all yours)

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Re: Donating Cards Question

descott77 said:
I have tons of base/inserts that am looking to donate/give away...where is the best place to do so? I am moving and do not want to take all these with me...there is literally thousands of cards (various years throughout the 90s/00s)...i also do not have the time to take out big name players and sell player lots so it isnt all "junk"

looking for suggestions (or if someone wants them and is willing to pay shipping the cards are all yours)
Card shop or how much will it cost to ship to me?

descott77

Dec 4, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio

PujolsCollector said:
descott77 said:

i asked a guy who owned a card shop and he said he doesnt take stuff people bring in...ill have to call around...as for the shipping i would have to look into it

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis

descott77 said:
PujolsCollector said:
descott77 said:

i asked a guy who owned a card shop and he said he doesnt take stuff people bring in...ill have to call around...as for the shipping i would have to look into it
let me know. thanks

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008

if you ship them check USPS Media Mail. it's going to be the cheapest way to ship. just make sure the only thing in there is cardboard and "media" for which cards do qualify in bulk.

descott77

Dec 4, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio

photo.jpg

thats all of what i have and looking to unload...for those who asked about shipping cost i will get a weight and go in order of who offered to pay (pujoscollector, mjbuchanan80, tramers)

Labratt21 said:
I've donated to The Boy Scouts, Children's hospitals and a neighbor's kid.

do you just call up one of those offices and say "hey i have cards i would like to donate"?

Labratt21

Aug 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA

descott77 said:
photo.jpg

thats all of what i have and looking to unload...for those who asked about shipping cost i will get a weight and go in order of who offered to pay (pujoscollector, mjbuchanan80, tramers)

Labratt21 said:
I've donated to The Boy Scouts, Children's hospitals and a neighbor's kid.

do you just call up one of those offices and say "hey i have cards i would like to donate"?

Yep! I've donated to a couple of different troops here in Austin as well as Dell Children's Hospital

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I would pay shipping + a little extra if it is mostly late 90's / early 00's I need to bulk up my inventory in that area anyways

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
What I am planning to do is to donate them to a thrift store that helps special needs individuals (by giving them something to do). That way, I help them, I help the store, I help someone get cards for cheap, and I help myself. I just hope nobody buys them for me... :? I plan to spread the word that I donated them so that nobody does get them for me.

I am all for donating them to a hospital, but it's the nurses who have to deal with them and store them. I would also donate them to the Animal Shelter but I already know that they really don't want cards.

If that Pinnacle box has packs in it, I will buy them.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
It looks to me like shipping is going to be a bitch on this. He has some cards for sure. I'm still interested but I don't know if I am going to be able to afford this shipping. Maybe split the lot between all of us or something? He has alot of stuff and we don't know what is in them, it could be something special or it could be 80s base cards. I dont know I was thinking a couple thousand cards this looks like more than a thousand lol.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Last year, I donated 50,000 cards to Goodwill. They sell them in their store and use the money for their cause. Plus they gave me a slip I was able to give to the person who prepared my taxes and I got a deduction. I believe I just told them the value on the cards and as long as it is under a certain amount (I think $5000) then I need to appraisal. I don't remember then value, but it was way less than that. Good luck!

descott77

Dec 4, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
PujolsCollector said:
It looks to me like shipping is going to be a bitch on this. He has some cards for sure. I'm still interested but I don't know if I am going to be able to afford this shipping. Maybe split the lot between all of us or something? He has alot of stuff and we don't know what is in them, it could be something special or it could be 80s base cards. I dont know I was thinking a couple thousand cards this looks like more than a thousand lol.

there is alot yes but not all 80s base...these are all from 90s/00s boxes i broke looking for lofton stuff...there is a little late 80s/early 90s (maybe a box worth scattered)

xcantgobackx said:
Last year, I donated 50,000 cards to Goodwill. They sell them in their store and use the money for their cause. Plus they gave me a slip I was able to give to the person who prepared my taxes and I got a deduction. I believe I just told them the value on the cards and as long as it is under a certain amount (I think $5000) then I need to appraisal. I don't remember then value, but it was way less than that. Good luck!

i am going to call them tomorrow as well to see if they want this stuff thanks for suggesting that...i knew they took almost everything but didnt think they had any use for cards

Members online

Latest posts