Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting Attendance Stat From Last Night - LLWS vs. MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Just saw this on ABC, I thought it was interesting so I figured I would share.

Last night, the LLWS set a record for 41,848+ people (seriously...). Considering the stadium can only hold 9,000 (in the stands), that's pretty good (They fit the rest of the people on the grass beyond the outfield wall)

Compare that attendance to 15 MLB games... 12 had LESS than 41,848. Only 3 games had more than 41,848 in attendance (all last night).

I only know the Yankees at Twins game beat that total (I can't find attendance totals for games).

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Ryan The Orange said:
TBTwinsFan said:
Red Sox possibly?

Nope. Only 21,262 showed up to Kauffman last night. See bottom of page via link.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.js ... 1&mode=box

Ahh. Cleveland and Detroit was the other one.

The attendance record broke the previous record of 40,000 which was set in 1989, and 1990 in the Championship games. Currently, the LLWS is still in Pool Play which makes the attendance record even more interesting IMO.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
It was a team from Pennsylvania playing last night, which was a factor in the numbers.

Members online

Latest posts