Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Resub from BVG to PSA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
Hello everyone just picked this card up in a trade and wa wondering a few things

1) is it worth it to swap from BVG to PSA will it increase the value that much

2) do grades normally carry over(bvg 4.5 to psa 4 or 5?)

Scan0011.jpg

Scan0012.jpg

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
jmagic87 said:
Hello everyone just picked this card up in a trade and wa wondering a few things

1) is it worth it to swap from BVG to PSA will it increase the value that much

2) do grades normally carry over(bvg 4.5 to psa 4 or 5?)

Scan0011.jpg

Scan0012.jpg

1.) Should increase value, PSA set registry, HOF, and Player collectors of that time period generally prefer PSA

2.) BVG if like BGS, may be a little lenient with their grades. The slab looks ugly, so even if you take a small hit in the grade, it should still garner more coin in a PSA slab.

In my opinion, just from scans and not the card in hand, I feel that 4.5 is overgraded a bit. Just my personal opinion though

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Don't bother.

Grading companies are notorious for downgrading anything another company has already graded.

Besides, even if you got the same grade, the money you spend on the regrade would cost more than the value difference in PSA vs BVG.

Zeeck

Mar 29, 2010
Aurora, IL
I think I would do it. I wouldn't do it as a cross-over, but rather bust the card out and submit it. The registry is a powerful drug, and, without looking at recent sales, I would venture that a PSA 4 would see a substantially higher price than the BVG 4.5, definitely more than the cost to submit it.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
thank you everyone picked them up more for my own enjoyment then anything figured they would be worth more but not to worried did not give up to much bv to get them thanks for all the info

Members online

Latest posts