Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has it actually been confirmed that 06 UD SFX Blues are /25?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
What is the real deal with the 2006 UD Special F/X Blue parallels? Are they really limited to a print run of 25, or is that just idle talk? Has anything been confirmed on these? I have a chance to pick one up of one of my PC players and need to know if it's worth the effort.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Any Palmeiro collectors interested in a cheap one?

Palmeiro.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I was always under the impression they were worthless, since BV is only 1.2X base. Pretty sure I passed up quite a few when I started collecting again, before I knew what they were. I've only stumbled across 3 myself: Todd Walker, Miguel Tejada, and Mike Cameron. If these are legitimately that rare, they have to go down as the sneakiest rare parallel ever, even more so than the 2005 Diamond Kings Non-Canvas. I've found more of those in dime boxes than I have of these Blues!

Ryan The Orange said:
Any Palmeiro collectors interested in a cheap one?

Palmeiro.jpg

How cheap is cheap? Like, desperate ****** in a bad neighborhood cheap?

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
About three years ago I opened four boxes of the stuff and pulled 4 blues out of them. The odds on the packs were something like one blue in two packs so that is where the misconception started.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
ronfromfresno said:
About three years ago I opened four boxes of the stuff and pulled 4 blues out of them. The odds on the packs were something like one blue in two packs so that is where the misconception started.
And the mystery continues. This is a weird parallel. I have only seen maybe a couple Oswalts.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
You get one Blue per Box.I have opened cases of this stuff when it was less than $30 a box.To put it in perspective you would usually get 3 of red(I think thats the right color) per box and they were numbered to 99.Being limited to 25 makes perfect sense based on those odds.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
hofmichael said:
You get one Blue per Box.I have opened cases of this stuff when it was less than $30 a box.To put it in perspective you would usually get 3 of red(I think thats the right color) per box and they were numbered to 99.Being limited to 25 makes perfect sense based on those odds.

The Reds are /50, the Greens are /99. Either way, still a pain in the butt to find! This is one product I'd love to bust, if I could find a source of stupidly cheap boxes. I recall someone getting a box on ebay for $5 a while back, that's what I'm talking about!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
DeliciousBacon said:
What is the real deal with the 2006 UD Special F/X Blue parallels? Are they really limited to a print run of 25, or is that just idle talk? Has anything been confirmed on these? I have a chance to pick one up of one of my PC players and need to know if it's worth the effort.

If I were you, I would just pick one up. Even if it isn't /25 it's still a card in your collection that you don't have.

Plus they look cool.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
If I remember correctly I paid 20 for the Pujols

SO 20 for Garko is a SWEET DEAL I hope you find one :)
I think I got the Pujols from Russ S

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
DeliciousBacon said:
What is the real deal with the 2006 UD Special F/X Blue parallels? Are they really limited to a print run of 25 or less, or is that just idle talk? Has anything been confirmed on these? I have a chance to pick one up of one of my PC players and need to know if it's worth the effort.
Confirmed by who?
UD?
Beckett can't confirm and doesn't know squat. As you can see about their stated odds and "pricing".

Try finding a bunch of these. Or multiple copies of any card. Good Luck.
These are very tough to find. I know. I abandoned the set after only tracking down 65...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v640/ ... tor%20SPs/

I still own the Bradley & Drew RC.
Wish I had the Pujols, Lee & Brian Wilson RC still.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
I think I still have two that are available. They have been on my tradelist but no one has shown interest.

#219 Andres Blanco blue
#516 Oscar Villarreal blue

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I picked up the Uggla blue during his hit streak. Went ahead and finished the rainbow after the streak ended. Figure they can go in my Braves RC collection.

Members online