Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bowman $125 Guarantee

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I'm sure many of you will remember when Topps stuck a card in packs of Bowman in the late 90's (what year?) that if the set wasn't worth $125 in ten years (?) they would pay you the difference (or something). Anybody remember the terms of this offer?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I've seen several blogs about this. I remember the program helped kick-start the notion that the cards would be worth something in the future as most people preferred to invest in other areas of the hobby - namely vintage.

http://tradercracks.blogspot.com/2008/08/bowman-125-guarantee.html
http://boblemke.blogspot.com/2009/06/remember-bowmans-100-125-guarantee.html
bowman+redeem+001.jpg

125_Guarantee_Info.jpg

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I think it ran from 1998 to 2000. The terms were on the insert cards - you had to request a certificate in the year of manufacture that allowed you to sell th eset back in 10 years - I never got a certificate. I'm sure I have some of the redemption request cards around here somewhere.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
They had these in '02 Bowman as well, those were some of the fist boxes I busted and I remember pulling a few of the "redemption" cards thinking it would be impossible to complete the set.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I remember my buddy and I had an argument that the value of the set would never be below the stated $125 due to this offer.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
I actually was one of the ones that took them up for it. And yes, I did get a check for $125 from them. I didn't think the value would hold and it didn't. I'm fairly confident it was limited to one per household.

gomatt said:
I actually was one of the ones that took them up for it. And yes, I did get a check for $125 from them. I didn't think the value would hold and it didn't. I'm fairly confident it was limited to one per household.

I have the certificate somewhere. I sent away for one. Only problem is 5 years later when they were due the set was still worth the $125 so I did not redeem it. ::facepalm::

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
You also had to send in 5 bucks to reserve your "right" to cash out for $125 in the future.

I wonder how many 5 dollar reservations went unclaimed due to, forgetting about it, selling the set, whatever.

Jan 14, 2009
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
gomatt said:

I have the certificate somewhere. I sent away for one. Only problem is 5 years later when they were due the set was still worth the $125 so I did not redeem it. ::facepalm::

If you find the certificate, I'd be interested in it if you want to move it.

jacksoncoupage said:
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
gomatt said:

If you find the certificate, I'd be interested in it if you want to move it.

I believe it is in the box with the set.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
gomatt said:

It says it right on the side of the 97 Bowman series one box that certificate redemption cards are seeded 1 in 4 packs and nothing about a per household limit. If people need pics let me know, I have the cards and the series 1 box and can take pics if needed.

Problem is you had between August 31, 2000 and December 31, 2000 to file a claim. 4 months, 3 years later is kinda sucky.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts