Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I am starting over, and I couldn't pass this up....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Well after my recent disaster in losing nearly all of my high end stuff and my PC's I decided to start over. I was talking to a friend recently who had something that I couldn't pass up in adding to my new collection. I worked out a deal with him on it and he was more than understanding of my situation so we bartered a fair deal.

I am not switching sides to the bad guys but I have a ton of respect for this guy...........so without further adieu, I give you the start and probably cornerstone of my new collection........

williamscut.jpg

I still have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go to get back up on my feet, but this is a good start. I want to say thank you also in advance to those of you that have offered to help me out. I really appreciate it.

I remember when my cousin's house burned down after some burglars broke in and set it on fire. He was a huge Tarheel fan/Ripken fan/ Chris Mullin fan. I gave him a huge stash of my PC at the time of these guys and went to local shops and shows to try to find stuff to replenish his collection. I never really thought of karma but I guess it does come around to help me out when I'm in need.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
WOW, that's one heck of a card!!

I'm extremely sorry to hear about your situation, but glad that you decided not to quit!

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
From a Williams collector, I'm envious. I have a few Williams auto's , but don't have any Williams cuts. Thats easily one of the best looking ones I've seen.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Way to kick if off with a BANG, Brian!! That is a beautiful card. Glad to hear you are starting anew.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Yeah I decided to have some fun with it. I won't be buying stuff for a while because of my cashflow bind but its not bad. Like I said, some people have been looking out for me.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
What else do you collect? I don't have any Zimmermans, but want to send you some stuff to help get the PC running again. Teams? Players?

G

Very nice card Brain and it will be the cornerstone of the new and improved Blanning PC.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Ty Hope said:
What else do you collect? I don't have any Zimmermans, but want to send you some stuff to help get the PC running again. Teams? Players?

THanks for the offer Ty. I collect Yankees stuff, ya know Jeter Mattingly Joba etc....I also had a small stash of JP Arencibia *cough gold refractor auto cough* LOL and I did have some Griffey and Ripken stuff. I am a multi color patch nut so I had some decent patches and such. Just whatever caught my eye.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
blanning71 said:
Ty Hope said:

THanks for the offer Ty. I collect Yankees stuff, ya know Jeter Mattingly Joba etc....I also had a small stash of JP Arencibia *cough gold refractor auto cough* LOL and I did have some Griffey and Ripken stuff. I am a multi color patch nut so I had some decent patches and such. Just whatever caught my eye.

I'll take a look and see what I have! (don't hold your breath on the Arencibia though... :lol: )

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Ty Hope said:
blanning71 said:
[quote="Ty Hope":2rhypuww]What else do you collect? I don't have any Zimmermans, but want to send you some stuff to help get the PC running again. Teams? Players?

I'll take a look and see what I have! (don't hold your breath on the Arencibia though... :lol: )[/quote:2rhypuww]

he also loves Clemente ;)

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Ty Hope said:
blanning71 said:
[quote="Ty Hope":2353y7ck]What else do you collect? I don't have any Zimmermans, but want to send you some stuff to help get the PC running again. Teams? Players?

I'll take a look and see what I have! (don't hold your breath on the Arencibia though... :lol: )

he also loves Clemente ;)[/quote:2353y7ck]

EVERYONE loves Clemente!

G

blanning71 said:
Ty Hope said:

Oh crappies I sent out your Zimmy already I have 2 of these
d941_2.jpg
I can't say for sure how many of these but it is at least 4
d5be_2.jpg

Snaps looks like I'll be heading to the post office again tomorrow. LOL

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Hey I was just kidding with you dude. I can't and won't ask for anything from anyone. I do understand though how the brotherhood works and I have helped before when it was needed. I really appreciate the thought Ty. It really helps me knowing there are good people like all of you that are willing to listen to my rants.

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
Very sharp card, Brian. On second look...UMMMMM, WOW!!!! :)

That's a great way to get back into the game... :)

Members online

Latest posts