Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What type of hobby knowledge do you possess?

When it comes to hobby smarts, I am:

• a. King of the hill, I am never surprised because I think that I already know it all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Curious to see where the members of the best card community online feel they stand in their hobby smarts. Enjoy and please be honest. :)

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
To me it would not be surprising if most people feel they have a strong knowledge. Many people here have a pretty good handle on the area of the hobby that they are in (the player collectors here prob. know more about their guys than 99.9% of the collectors out there, the vintage guys know a decent amount about vintage and the prospectors know a lot about prospects.

Personally I know a decent amount about sets released over the last 10-15 years, as well as a decent amount about rookie cards of established MLB guys. Outside of those areas, there's worlds I don't begin to understand.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Knowing about the physical cards themselves is one thing, but knowing current and past *market conditions* with regard to said cards is quite another. But then again knowing both isn't important to some people.

But since there's literally millions of different cards out there nobody knows close to everything, maybe just in their specialty/niche.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I'd like to think better than average, but when one seriously considers all the facets of the hooby, every corner of knowledge that could potentially be known, I cant help but feel that what I actually know is very small in comparison to what could potentially be known.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
I have a pretty good knowledge of the past 35 years or so, but that's only about one fourth of card history. I've never studied the numerous variations that exist with many cards over the years. Plus, I pay very little attention to all of the unlicensed stuff coming out recently. I gave myself a "D". :?

Members online

Latest posts