Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are the Yankees going to do now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
They just blew a 7-0 lead to a team and lost on a walk off. Not a good way to get into the playoffs. It seemed like they weren't even trying out there after the 5th inning. Where was Rivera in the 9th? Robertson? Really question Girardi here.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
Not available because they have to play on friday and saturday. I would not worry. You really think they should of even been up 7-0 in a pitching matchup of d. price v.s. Bentances making MLB debut?

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Not a big deal. Yanks were letting a lot of players that will not be on the playoff roster see time tonight.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
They had to rest all of their good bullpen guys because they have an important game tomor.....oh wait.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
thefasterblade said:
They just blew a 7-0 lead to a team and lost on a walk off. Not a good way to get into the playoffs. It seemed like they weren't even trying out there after the 5th inning. Where was Rivera in the 9th? Robertson? Really question Girardi here.
I'm just trying to decipher if you're being serious. Completely meaningless game that Girardi has been saying for days would be a rest day for the key pitchers.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
The Yanks had a C+ team at best tonight and they were going up against the Rays A team. It was just to give starters a rest. If this game had mattered, Bentances wouldn't have been starting...

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Why worry? Their bullpen has been overworked these last couple weeks, and their starters have too much rest. They are going to get slaughtered in the playoffs. Don't worry.

Why did A.J. come out of the bullpen? That has a tendency to mess with starting pitchers. If you look at the list of things that get into A.J.'s head... well, here's the list:

1) Anything
2) Everything

Pretty brilliant idea having him come out of the bullpen. At least he'll have a good excuse for sucking so incredibly bad next time we see him.

And CC... good old CC. "I pitch best on 4 days rest." Here, have 5 days rest. Well, you sucked on 5 days rest, so let's have you do that again. And again. And again. Well, that didn't work... how about sitting on the bench for 12 days? That should work!!

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

I hope CC opts out of his contract and heads to a smarter team.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Yankees are in trouble. They havnt played a meaningful game in about 2 weeks and now have to face Verlander-Fister-Scherzer-Porcello

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
thefasterblade said:

Well, they will fly back to NY where they will be hosting game 1 and 2 of the ALDS. They will get ready to play in the playoffs. What good would it have done the Yanks to win tonight? They have homefield throughout the AL playoffs.

Now, that homefield doesn't mean a darn thing when my Tigers sweep the Yanks in 3 :lol: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts