Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tickets Still Available in Arizona

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
This is an embarrassment for baseball. Arizona is selling $12 tickets for an elimination game and they can't sell out. Tampa Bay just sold out in the past hour. I realize the economy hasn't been great, but Detroit was able to sell out there game.

As a baseball fan this disgusts me. Last year at this time I was dropping $200 to see the Giants and Braves.

I'm not a D'Backs or Brewers fan but I'd sure as hell make my way out to the game for $12 if I lived in the area. As far as I'm concerned neither of these fanbases has any right to gripe if their teams move down the line. Flame away.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Wes said:
This is an embarrassment for baseball. Arizona is selling $12 tickets for an elimination game and they can't sell out. Tampa Bay just sold out in the past hour. I realize the economy hasn't been great, but Detroit was able to sell out there game.

As a baseball fan this disgusts me. Last year at this time I was dropping $200 to see the Giants and Braves.

I'm not a D'Backs or Brewers fan but I'd sure as hell make my way out to the game for $12 if I lived in the area. As far as I'm concerned neither of these fanbases has any right to gripe if their teams move down the line. Flame away.
I have friends out there and they really don't care for Baseball. I just called my friend and he and his wife and a couple of people are going to go to the game since tickets are that cheap. ::facepalm:: :D

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
People are tired of the dbacks here.

I had season tickets for the last 3 seasons and cancelled this one

Im not going to contribute to a team that doesnt care about being anything other than mediocre.

USA Today is right, we are worst team in baseball to make the playoffs this year.

The fact that we even made the playoffs this year is a shock, but after you see how weak the NL West is, it's really no surprise.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
HPC said:

Im not going to contribute to a team that doesnt care about being anything other than mediocre.

USA Today is right, we are worst team in baseball to make the playoffs this year.

The fact that we even made the playoffs this year is a shock, but after you see how weak the NL West is, it's really no surprise.

I'm not sure what more do you want. How many games do they have to win to not be "mediocre?" 100? 110?

They won 94 games!

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
markakis8 said:
HPC said:

I'm not sure what more do you want. How many games do they have to win to not be "mediocre?" 100? 110?

They won 94 games!

They are a mediocre team who won over 90 games.

They made no real attempt to sign a good player or even be in the running for one.

Just because they got lucky this season doesnt mean anything and it's showing right now

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
HPC said:
markakis8 said:
HPC said:

They won 94 games!

They are a mediocre team who won over 90 games.

They made no real attempt to sign a good player or even be in the running for one.

Just because they got lucky this season doesnt mean anything and it's showing right now

Isn't Gibby in his first year as their skipper too? Man I would kill for my team to get in the playoffs with a new skipper and a mediocre team as you put it.
Ok first full season since he was they skipper on the interm last season
Manager

On July 1, 2010, the Arizona Diamondbacks fired A. J. Hinch as manager and promoted Gibson from his position as bench coach to interim manager.[8] Shortly after the season, Gibson was named permanent manager and given a two-year contract.[9] In his first full year as manager, Gibson led the surprising Diamondbacks to their first NL West title since 2007.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I live here and will not support them. I am a Dodgers fan and that is that. I will root for the Brewers to win so that all the Dbags fans can shut up about making the playoffs and winning the West...because unless you move on, it really doesn't matter. But I won't support the Dbags pockets while rooting for them to lose.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I read yesterday that Tampa had crowds of more than 30k just twice this year. I know the problems: horrible stadium, far removed from metro area etc. But that city/area doesn't deserve that team.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
If the Arizona Cardinals can sell out their regular season games, this really tells you about the state of baseball in this country in general.

Last night's MNF game got an 8 rating for a meaningless game involving a crap team without it's superstar quarterback.

The Yankee/Tiger playoff game between the two Aces of the AL got a 4.7 rating going head to head with the MNF game.

Flame away.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
braden said:
I read yesterday that Tampa had crowds of more than 30k just twice this year. I know the problems: horrible stadium, far removed from metro area etc. But that city/area doesn't deserve that team.

Geez... the Twins finished last and got a crowd of over 3 million. Probably the new stadium though.

If I lived near Arizona, I would take that in a heartbeat.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
brouthercard said:
If the Arizona Cardinals can sell out their regular season games, this really tells you about the state of baseball in this country in general.

Last night's MNF game got an 8 rating for a meaningless game involving a crap team without it's superstar quarterback.

The Yankee/Tiger playoff game between the two Aces of the AL got a 4.7 rating going head to head with the MNF game.

Flame away.

This could be for many reasons, people like watcing the Colts without Manning. No one likes to see Jeter strike out. People are more excited that football is actually happening....I could go on.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
alexs64 said:
brouthercard said:

Flame away.

This could be for many reasons, people like watcing the Colts without Manning. No one likes to see Jeter strike out. People are more excited that football is actually happening....I could go on.

I know this is a baseball message board, but, how about, very few people actually care about baseball anymore? The truth hurts.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
brouthercard said:
alexs64 said:
brouthercard said:

Flame away.

I know this is a baseball message board, but, how about, very few people actually care about baseball anymore? The truth hurts.

You might be right, but it doesn't hurt. I for one care (about my team), so when they are out of it I care less about what is going on. I didn't watch the Yankees or MNF. I was scanning some PC items, then I went off to play COD Modern Warfare. Then went to bed.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
Isn't that crazy? over 4 million people in the valley and there are still tickets!
Of course there's the fact that Phoenix has a lot of transplants (like myself) who already have an allegiance to another team, but still - I'd think they would want to see some playoff baseball..

Here's a neat anecdote.
I got a pair of front row aisle seats. I planned to take my dad, however he was looking at a busy week, and said it'd be okay to see if anyone else wanted the seat. I know a few dbacks fans, so I made some calls. Now my buddy Jose was born and raised here, wears Dbacks gear, and I went to a few regular season games with him, so he was my first choice. A couple months ago he won this thing from Hooters which gives him 50 free wings on the first Tuesday of every month.
He Said He Can't Go Because It's Free Wing Night At Hooters.
repeat.
FREE WING NIGHT AT HOOTERS - CAN'T GO TO DBACKS PLAYOFF GAME!
Seriously! I thought he was joking when he told me that. He's going to Hooters instead.

Anyway, this town isn't a sports town, even though it's made up of many people from many places. It happens year after year, and no doubt again this year, that someone's going to ask me what I'm doing or what I did and I'll mention the Arizona Fall League. They'll reply "what's that?"
You know the average attendance for an afl game is like 300?

Hopefully there's a lot of blue in the stands tonight to help drown out Fielder's boo's. If they remember to boo him for not picking Upton for the home run derby.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
alexs64 said:
brouthercard said:
alexs64 said:
brouthercard said:

Flame away.

You might be right, but it doesn't hurt. I for one care (about my team), so when they are out of it I care less about what is going on. I didn't watch the Yankees or MNF. I was scanning some PC items, then I went off to play COD Modern Warfare. Then went to bed.

This was nothing personal against you. It was the same way in Atlanta (as alluded to above), when they were in the playoffs every year and no one went to the games unless it was the WS. In the meantime, UGA football was selling out every game. No one went to Hawks games either, though.

So why do Dodger fans get to the stadium in the fourth inning and leave by the seventh?

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
ugh... I wanted to go to one of the first 2 games in Milwaukee so bad. Cheapest tickets were $50 + for this first round. Add a 3.5 hour drive each way and trying to find a baby sitter for that long and I wasn't able to go. The distance was a bigger issue than the cost. I can't believe $12 seats are going unsold in AZ.

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010
I am sure many of you are aware of the way the Phillies and many other teams sell their playoff tickets. They offer most of them to season ticker holders. Once those are sold, they offer a very small amount to the public through basically a draw system. I actually was picked and received an email saying I was picked and able to purchase tickets for this past Saturday's game. Go on the site with the biggest smile on my face.... All sold out! Yep. Not even when I am picked from the lottery can I get a ticket.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts