Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NEED QUICK OPINIONS... PRIZES FOR CONSTRUCTIVE THOUGHTS...

WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER GET???

• METAL ON-CARD ICHIRO AUTOGRAPH (REDEMPTION 60-90 DAYS)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Guys....

We have had a problem develop. Ichiro's Metal autograph cards were damnaged in shipping. Rather than put out damaged cards, we feel we must find another solution..... Thus, we have two choices:

1> reprint metal cards and have him sign on-card.... It would be a redemption that will take 60-90 days to fill....

2> Create a new Exquisite style JUMBO OVERSIZE PREMIUM GAME USED PATCH card for him to sign on card.... It would not be metal, but would be a Jumbo Oversize Premium Game Used Patch card signed on-card!!... It would be a redemption taking 30-45 days to fill...

Fire away... All opinions welcome with prizes randomly awarded to those who share opinions...BG

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I voted for Option B.

One thing better than an on-card auto is an on-card auto with a patch included. Plus, the shorter waiting time is the icing on the cake, at least for me.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Obviously you are doing the right thing by not putting out the damaged cards. I would just fill in the original metals as replacements. That's how it was featured on the sell sheet and I really was digging the design. I dont think it's a huge deal that he will now be a redemption as long as you do it the right way.

May I ask what will be done with the damaged ichiro metals?

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Zymco said:
Obviously you are doing the right thing by not putting out the damaged cards. I would just fill in the original metals as replacements. That's how it was featured on the sell sheet and I really was digging the design. I dont think it's a huge deal that he will now be a redemption as long as you do it the right way.

DESTRUCTION MANIA!
BG

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
You should always try to do what you said you were going to do as much as possible, thus choice "A". Besides, choice "B" will require extra explanation.

I voted on card redemption....We know your NOT Topps or UD. A month or two for a redemption is NOTHING. I have redemptions that are over a year old for both Topps & UD. I think the oversized is nice, but alot of collectors do not like the oversized cards. Storage / display problems.

Sorry to hear about the problem, but again you came here and explain, I'll wait for the redemption....

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Leaf said:
Zymco said:

DESTRUCTION MANIA!
BG

I would buy a cut of one or two of them.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Sorry about the damage, anyway to salvage them? Make cuts perhaps.

Definitely the second option. The jumbo patch autos would be a huge hit, far superior to metal/chrome cards. If you keep a scanned database of them as you had mentioned, these will be huge in the secondary market and drive sales.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
This is a serious comment...both.

Reason being, if buyers were expecting the Metal autos, that was probably a large factor in their respective decisions to purchase the product. As a manufacturer, you'll receive major CS points for going above and beyond to fulfill a promise.

The jumbo swatch autos are just awesome, and can be included in multiple Leaf products as a "celebration"-type addition to further promote the monumental signing of Ichiro.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I chose option 2, but definitely make the damaged auto cards into cut autos and add them as a bonus for those who buy a lot of the product. Or maybe just "free damaged Ichiro auto" box-toppers.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Design is a big factor on both. I'm not a big fan of patch cards, so I voted for A. Is it a vertical or horizontal design? I picture vertical for the patch, could see horizontal working for the metal cards. Wait time doesn't matter to me, as long as there's some confidence in it being filled within stated time. You've heard all the complaints; sounds like you are putting some specific time frames for redemption. That gives me more confidence in redeeming it to keep (or sell later) than instantly selling just because it's a redemption.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
The cards would be standard size...

Its just it would have a JUMBO PREMIUM PATCH...

Ichiro has ZERO oversized premium Patch autos...

I think the autos would bring $400 or so..
The premium patches $600+..

what do yall think?

we have to pick one... cannot run it both ways...
BG

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
If its just a jumbo patch auto, Id go with that. I wasnt sure if I was reading it correctly as an oversize patch or an oversize card.
Patch Autos appeal to multiple types of collectors. With the Mariners colors, it would be a great addition.

People dont want to wait for 3 months for 1 card when they could have an "upgraded" version sooner.

On card vs on card, but 1 is a patch and 1 isnt.
Really seems like everything points to the patch:
Patch vs no patch
Shorter wait time
appeal to more types of collectors
more visual appeal over a plain auto

Id be interested to know what will happen to the damaged ones as well as what actually happened to damage them and how serious the damage is.
Tom

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
Key question for would be buyers here is, what would the difference be in the print run between the two options? Obviously the cost of the jersey would have to be factored in to the production, thereby decreasing the amount of signatures included for this specific product. If, for example, the options turn to having 200 Ichiro autographed metal cards w/ a 90 day wait versus 50 Ichiro autographed non-metal patch cards w/ a 45 day wait, then I'm not too sure what the buyers would prefer. Double the wait but four times the chance of pulling an Ichiro auto may be a better option for those busting. Obviously my point is worthless if you planned on having the same amount of signatures included regardless, but from a business perspective it makes sense to have different runs w/ the additional cost to produce the patch cards.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Option B

I think oversized patches are a great aspect of the hobby. 05 TOTT, Prime Patches, Ultimate: all of them have pretty great staying power as far as collectors go and not just for set builders. Think about how many people refer to those sets as their favorites because if the size of the patches and the quality in which they were done.

Thats my opinion anyway...

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
jondawg04 said:
Key question for would be buyers here is, what would the difference be in the print run between the two options? Obviously the cost of the jersey would have to be factored in to the production, thereby decreasing the amount of signatures included for this specific product. If, for example, the options turn to having 200 Ichiro autographed metal cards w/ a 90 day wait versus 50 Ichiro autographed non-metal patch cards w/ a 45 day wait, then I'm not too sure what the buyers would prefer. Double the wait but four times the chance of pulling an Ichiro auto may be a better option for those busting. Obviously my point is worthless if you planned on having the same amount of signatures included regardless, but from a business perspective it makes sense to have different runs w/ the additional cost to produce the patch cards.

The quantity inserted would be exactly the same.
BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ronzo said:
I went with B. Especially if they're available for viewing in an online database I think they could be a huge hit.

and they would be

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts