Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

T206 Red Sox Team Set: "That's a Wrap!"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Finally got my butt in gear and picked up the last three cards I needed for this. There are only 12 in the team set but with a few of them, it was a matter of waiting for the right price as there are MANY overpriced cards out there. I didn't want any PSA cards but I couldn't pass on the prices for them and they will be off to SGC in the next week or so. There is one other card, Frank Smith, that shows him in a White Sox uniform but the team at the bottom is listed as both Chicago and Boston. Since he's not in a Red Sox uniform, I don't count it towards the team set. On to the next project.......
t206RedSoxTeam_0001.jpg

t206RedSoxTeam_0002.jpg

t206RedSoxTeam_0003.jpg

t206RedSoxTeam_0004.jpg

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Nice eye appeal, I like the low grade cards that have little to no creases, great for team displaying like this.

couldnt believe they only put 10 different players in the set, in 3 years.... Its a shame they never got HOFer Hooper in the set, or Joe Wood, they both were on the team all 3 years the set produced. Also it would have been cool to see a card of HOFer Chesbro with the Red Sox, he was with them in 1909 I see.

Cool thing is you could actually expand the team quite a bit by adding the other players from the 1909-11 Era rosters from other candy issues that have the same basic design format ie E90-1 for Karger, E91 for Hooper, E90-1 for Cy Young, etc.
ie.
cy.jpg

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
That is a GREAT card!

I don't have the highest budget around so I look for the low budget with nice eye appeal. It's amazing how some of these cards look in person. Some of paper loss on the back due to them being in a scrap book at one time but that doesn't bother me as I don't really care too much about a spot on the back plus, to me anyway, it gives the card a little bit of character knowing that someone somewhere had it glued into their collection at one time.

I was really surprised at how few of the Red Sox got put into this set as well. I've considered branching out to obtain other Red Sox players from that era as well. I considered doing the run of T206, T205, and T207 but don't really have the motivation for it right now. I've set my current project goal of obtaining cards of players who have earned either the Bronze Star, Silver Star, Medal of Honor, or Purple Heart while serving in the military. After that though, I don't know. I want to obtain more of the candy cards as I love the looks of them.
I do have this Hooper though!
Hooper.jpg

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
jay1065 said:
Congrats, RLE! They look great together. Are you going to chase any back variations?

Thanks! Not likely, though I would like to, eventually, put together a "back" set. Essentially, just want to obtain a copy of each back, regardless of the player.

Members online

Latest posts