Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pujols To The Angels For 10 Years $250-260 Million!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 15, 2009
Didn't see this posted anywhere.
The Angels are the bridesmaid no more. Albert Pujols will sign with the Angels for ten years and $250-260MM, tweets Yahoo's Tim Brown. He'll receive a full no-trade clause. Pujols decided this morning, writes Brown. If Pujols received more than $252MM, his new deal will be the second-largest in baseball history in both its total and average annual value.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/a ... ujols.html

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Total blindside for Stl. That's crazy money. I told Dave O'Brien yesterday he'd get Ryan Howard money. $20-22 mil a yr wasn't gonna do it. Atleast he's out of NL.

~AJ

braden

Aug 7, 2008
My goodness, that's nuts.

Glad I'll get to see him play a bit more often and I'm sure Angels fans will love watching him for the next few years but this is surely going to be an unmitigated disaster.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Very happy about this as a Brewer fan, but I can't see this deal being very attractive in seven years. I can hear his elbow and knees creaking as I type this.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
That's just Moonoply money. As a Cardinals fan, I'd hate to see him go, but can't blame him to take that kind of offer. Kind of like when the Angels signed Torii Hunter. Hated to see Torii leave the Twins, but they made him an offer he couldn't refuse. If true, it'll really make the Prince Fielder sweepstakes interesting.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Shoot, I promised a customer season tickets if the Angels signed Albert.

At least Pujols won't have to make a major uniform color adjustment.

Members online

Latest posts