Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cardinals agree to terms on a 2 year deal with Beltran.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Just picked this up in honor of the signing.

$6.25 delivered........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0366304831

$(KGrHqJ,!k4E67PMiMgvBO4BevGoKg~~60_3.JPG

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
rookieaddict said:
What does this mean for Allen Craig though? Once again completely blocked?

Jay to left, Craig in right, Beltran in center, Puma at 1st.

Beltran will start the season at Craigs position though, while he recovers from surgery.

ecerulo

Aug 8, 2008
Sam Banks said:
rookieaddict said:

Beltran will start the season at Craigs position though, while he recovers from surgery.

Some Holliday guy might disagree with you. Holliday in left, Jay in center and Beltran in right to start the year. Likely lots of platooning with Jay/Beltran/Craig once Craig returns, with Beltran and Craig seeing a bulk of the time.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
Lifelongfan said:
Did the Cards need another OF? Looks really crowded.

I think it was more of they needed another bat and Beltran, when healthy will provide them with some depth in the lineup.

I like this signing for the Cards.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Thread should have been called The Cardinals sign yet another washed up guy who will hopefully be clutch at some point during the season. I think that was too long for a title but sums up how i feel about it.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
PujolsCollector said:
Thread should have been called The Cardinals sign yet another washed up guy who will hopefully be clutch at some point during the season. I think that was too long for a title but sums up how i feel about it.
He is a contact hitter, averages 85 SO a year, is 34 y/o, and is only signed for two years.......how is that bad? If you are concerned for Allen don't be, he can play both outfield and first base after recovery and full time 1B in 2013.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
~That worked out badly for the Cardinals and Lance Berkman last year...~

PujolsCollector said:

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
This is a fantastic signing. Jay will get platooned and it will be Holliday, Craig, Beltran as the regulars in the outfield.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I'm going to St. Louis this weekend. Will I see any burned down buildings and smashed cars ala Vancouver?

Anyhow, I don't think it's a terrible signing, but $13 mil seems like a bit much.

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
Sam Banks said:
rookieaddict said:

uH...I think you may have forgotten a guy named Matt who is our left fielder...not that Jay is not serviceable but.....

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
PujolsCollector said:

Washed up? He was a 4 WAR player last year. .300/22/84.

I like the deal, a lot. I'm worried about Craig, and how his timetable is reminding me of Troy Glaus in 2009. I'd be happy to see Craig back by June. Holliday - Jay - Beltran until Craig comes back, then Craig can play some 1B, 2B, LF, and RF when he returns and basically be a super-sub and still play at a 450 PA pace.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
RCRX said:
Sam Banks said:
rookieaddict said:

uH...I think you may have forgotten a guy named Matt who is our left fielder...not that Jay is not serviceable but.....

I honestly did forget all about him when I was writing that.

And I think that's probably because I despise him.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
RCRX said:
[quote="Sam Banks":165n2bvy]
rookieaddict said:

I honestly did forget all about him when I was writing that.

And I think that's probably because I despise him.[/quote:165n2bvy]

Who cares that he's been a monster & a 12 WAR player for the Cardinals for 2 1/2 years, HE WAS PICKED OFF THIRD IN GAME 6 AHHH

Members online

Latest posts