Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

did this not end on ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
okay, check this out... I'm not an insider and have no knowledge of these types of things, I just hang out on this message board and read threads. Here is what I think....

There was a thread about the little old lady who found the card, listed it on ebay and then pulled it...

A small while later there was another thread about the same card, but a different copy. It took a minute for everybody to understand that the card on ebay was NOT the same copy the little old lady found.

The link you gave is for a 3rd (and much more stained I think) copy. It's not the little old lady's OR the one that ended on ebay.

I could be totally wrong, but this is what I think. People are probably selling their copy right now because of the media attention the little old lady brought to the card, kind of like the peak of a prospect card. Time to sell. (Another opinion of mine.)

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Wow...I hadn't looked at that auction in awhile...it's idiotic that it's selling for that much. Uninformed buyers...

This particular card did not end on ebay...a different, trimmed down copy did.

edited to add:

A gorgeous copy, much better presenting than this particular copy, sold for $25k 2 or 3 years ago...major appreciation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts