Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BEST rookie autos from Donruss Elite?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charliehustle

Feb 5, 2010
USA
Hey guys,

Not to sound dumb, but Im trying to learn a little further on the prospects and wanted to know if anyone could share their opinions on who the feel are the best rookie autographs from Elite from say, 2009-2011? I guess Im trying to find out who would be the best investments to collect based on that player's best rookie auto coming from one of the Elite products. I know Bowman Chrome tends to dominate as the player's best RC auto but I know some guys seems to have strong values from the Elite product too...

Any help would be very appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
You don't sound dumb, but a lot of people here aren't going to give you names of players they did their research on. There are some obvious top draft picks, but the real value in a sense are the sleepers and players that don't have any other cards or autographs in the Bowman sets.

If you like, I have a year by year breakdown of all bowman products and elite products. You would have to do your own searches, but you could find out who doesn't have multiple releases from set to set.

charliehustle

Feb 5, 2010
USA
prospectorgems said:
You don't sound dumb, but a lot of people here aren't going to give you names of players they did their research on. There are some obvious top draft picks, but the real value in a sense are the sleepers and players that don't have any other cards or autographs in the Bowman sets.

If you like, I have a year by year breakdown of all bowman products and elite products. You would have to do your own searches, but you could find out who doesn't have multiple releases from set to set.

Yeah thats what I was trying to determine I guess, who doesnt have any rookie autos in any of the Bowman products and only in Elite products.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

BoatsN304s

Nov 3, 2011
Go on eBay. Type "Donruss Elite auto*" in the search box. Click on completed listings. See who has sold for the most.
But keep in mind what the card is #'ed to as well.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
BoatsN304s said:
Go on eBay. Type "Donruss Elite auto*" in the search box. Click on completed listings. See who has sold for the most.
Doesn't really help if you don't know what other cards they have.

That is what he's asking.

What players have Elite autos, but not Chrome autos.

OH NO... THE SECRETS!!

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
I wouldn't research Taijuan Walker--I heard someone already dibs'd him. So you are barred from buying him as per the laws of collectoring.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
I would say the best 2011 Elite Prospect Autos without Chrome Autos (yet) would be (in no particular order)...

Anthony Rendon
Danny Hultzen
Josh Bell
Gerrit Cole

BoatsN304s

Nov 3, 2011
Russ S. said:
BoatsN304s said:
Doesn't really help if you don't know what other cards they have.

That is what he's asking.

What players have Elite autos, but not Chrome autos.

OH NO... THE SECRETS!!
Really? I didn't get that question.

AK11

May 24, 2010
Nick Castellanos from 2010 Elite is good until Topps figures out how to get his sig.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Matt Wieters, Jake Marisnick, Josh Bell(2011), Jacob Turner, Brandon Belt, Zach Britton, Nick Castellanos, Dominic Brown, Pablo Sandoval, Anthony Rendon, Gerrit Cole Taijuan Walker, Danny Hultzen, Leonys Martin, are a few names. Hope that helps.

~AJ

yclipper21

Feb 14, 2010
Scan-1-2.jpg

Heard this guy might be pretty good!

Members online

Latest posts