Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shipping etiquette question?

Would you be if offended If you received a used bubble mailer?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Hi everyone, I was wondering, if any of you have a problem receiving cards in a bubble mailer that has obviously been used before? Reason I ask, I did the math and I'm spending about $100+ a year on buying packaging. Obviously I'm not going to send a card in a package that is busted up terribly. I have recently started cutting the ends off the package that I get, and when I send a card I strip off all of the previous senders information and I make sure the cards are securely packaged. Would anybody have a problem with this?

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Makes perfect sense to me. I've never done it, but really don't know why. As long as the mailer isn't beaten up pretty badly, as you essentially said above, I don't see any issues with it. I can't imagine why people would be offended by it, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised just because people can be, well, people.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
I do it all the time. Granted, I don't sell "alot" but I figure if I had to pay to get it from some one else, then why not get my money back.

I believe it's ok as long as it's not damaged in some way, that it takes away from the protection it's designed for.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Offended? No. Put off? Not really. Do I do it myself? No...

Like many, i simply want my stuff to arrive safely and in a timely manner.

jeff_bichel

Nov 4, 2010
Houston, Texas
I pick up a stack of FedEx bubble envelopes. they are big enough to hold a legal size sheet.
I cut each one into 4 pieces, tape up the exposed open sides and BINGO - free very high quality mailers.

I also pick up a stack of priority mail address labels and cut off all but the blank areas plus they have free
priority mail tape which I use for household tasks, and anything inside the packaging for which I need tape.

I AM CHEAP!

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I've never re-used a package, but have received cards in them. Personally, all I care about is the card being undamaged. However you get it to me, I'f fine if the card is fine.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
I am with the majority here. As long as my cards arrived undamaged and in a timely fashion, you could send it via carrier pigeon for all I care.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I re-use them as long as I don't have to destroy them when opening them. If I have to tear them apart because of tape or something, they get pitched. But if they're in re-usable condition, why not?

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
I've never re-used a package, but have received cards in them. Personally, all I care about is the card being undamaged. However you get it to me, I'f fine if the card is fine.

+1

Could care less how you get it to me. Just get it to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts